'15 Silverado door lock issues

Greetings

I'm new to the club today.  These forums are great as I usually find the answer here before I go to the dealership and have to listen to their BS.

Problem- I have a '15 Silverado LT Crew Cab 58,000 miles and my passenger side front door lock just quit working. It doesn't open with the Fob, the driver side door lock switch or the passenger side door lock switch. Since it has no manual key door lock, I have to open rear door and reach in to unlock the door manually by pulling up on the nob. I'm assuming it's a switch, relay or actuator problem. I've owned many GM's and have replaced the window and power mirror switches before. Pretty simple to do.  I never got into changing the actuators as I don't feel like tearing apart my door. Has someone had a similar issue with just 1 door out of 4? What was the problem? I can take to dealership, but the ones near my house bends you over and doesn't ask permission first to violate you. 

I had the AC issue fixed under warranty, now I have this problem. With it being a '15, pretty disappointed in GM's quality lately. 

Well if I had to completely guess. I’d do the door lock actuator. I’ve replaced a bunch of them. No way to be certain unless you test the circuits to the actuator. If you can do that, you can feel more confident about the repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing on my 2014 Sierra except it's the drivers door. Actuator just quit working one day. Only 40,000 miles on the truck but it's out of warranty of course. From what i've read, big issue with them failing. They are cheap actuators and just quit. Just plan on replacing it. Local GM dealership told me their just a "problem area" and wouldn't do anything. Everyone thinks their should be a recall on these junk actuators for it's a safety concern. Doubt if GM will stand behind the issue and issue a recall though. 

• 3 years later...

2018 Silverado with approx 65K miles on it.  I've had the front driver and passenger door lock replaced all in the last 5K miles.  Now the rear passenger quit working.  3 failures in 5K miles.  What the heck!  Mines a double-cab.

Anyone got any ideas or are these just the cheapest things in the world.  About $300 to replace each one.