GM and Shell Roll Out Pay From The Driver's Seat App

Gorehamj

Chevrolet-Shell-Marketplace-58.JPG

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
4-18-2018

A few months back, Chevrolet started to roll out Marketplace. This is a new App that allows Chevrolet owners to do some limited shopping from their own dash infotainment screen. The general idea is that simple orders like coffee and food would go directly to the local supplier/restaurant, and the vehicle owner would then swing by and pick it up. 

Chevrolet-Shell-Marketplace-04.JPG
The new Shell integration allows the Chevy owner to pull up to a pump and fuel up. The payment can then be made directly via the GM screen in the vehicle. No credit card swipe is needed since it is already on file. Even better, the Marketplace and Shell Apps will apply the Shell Fuel Rewards discounts and points automatically.

“We introduced Marketplace to deliver value, productivity and convenience to our customers,” said Rick Ruskin, senior manager, Online Commerce, Chevrolet. “Bringing the Shell Pay & Save functionality right on the touchscreen of our vehicles is the latest advancement of this platform, allowing drivers to simply access Fuel Rewards® and pay for gas while inside their car.”

Shell has the largest network of branded gas stations in the country. The new in-dash Shell payment system is being piloted in select markets now and will expand to most soon. The app will work with 2017 model year Chevy vehicles and newer. 

• Like 1

Will the Fuel Rewards card work at "All" Shell stations, or a select few. I have a Shell Card & the Rewards Card, however; the closest Shell that will accept it is 20 miles away! I must pass 2 other Shell's to save .05....  It's not worth it for me, so I'm stuck with Exxon. Tell me why download a "New" headache

• 2 weeks later...