Theft attempted

Went out to the truck this morning, hit the unlock on the key fob, and the horn and lights went off a bunch of times.... like the alarm was going off.

I'm thinking weird... so I get in, fire up the truck, start driving away, and the DIC is flashing "theft attempted"

What the heck is this all about?? There's no signs of any attempt on the doors, will someone just lifting the door handles do this??

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Very strange, same with my 2019 2500hd.... Truck in the driveway and horn starts beeping. Done this 3 times over the weekend. now my truck will not start via key fob nor My Chevy APP.... Any suggestions or solutions??? Only 14000km's on truck. 

So weird.... Zero signed of any attempt

Did you ever figure it out? Happened to me once, but my door actuator went bad and would only lock manually, one morning I got in the truck realizing I had forgot to lock it manually but still had locked and set the alarm via key fob, figured someone came by and opened my door during the night. Truck was a 2015 Silverado

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you ever figure it out? Happened to me once, but my door actuator went bad and would only lock manually, one morning I got in the truck realizing I had forgot to lock it manually but still had locked and set the alarm via key fob, figured someone came by and opened my door during the night. Truck was a 2015 Silverado

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nope.

• 1 year later...

Hi all.  I have a 2019 2500HD and am having the same issue.  I work at the proving grounds and talked to some of the techs there.  My issue was caused from the hood switch being dirty.  Try spraying it with contact cleaner.  The BCM is getting a false signal that the hood is being opened and thinks it is a theft attempt.  Good luck!!

I don’t have an HD, but I too recently had issues with “theft attempted” messages, my panic alarm going off randomly, and eventually “hood open” warnings in dash. Dealer replaced my hood latch and all went back to normal. The more I read on here, the more posts I saw about issues with the hood latch sensor, some people even we’re trying to bypass the sensor altogether.

• 3 years later...

I’m having the same problem with my 2019 Equinox first time it showed theft attempt but everything worked properly then the next day the open hood message was on so I cleared that and ordered a new latch with switch yesterday. Today the alarm was just going off so I looked on the dash and it showed theft attempt so I unplugged the hood sensor and  no alarm so far.  I haven’t been able to remote start since this problem started and the only fault code I’ve been getting is hood open sensor