Aftermarket Wheels and TPMS Sensors

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B072BK693N/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the reset tool I ordered. There are several versions available, the only difference being the sticker and price. Delivery is supposed to be this week.

16 hours ago, revrnd said:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B072BK693N/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the reset tool I ordered. There are several versions available, the only difference being the sticker and price. Delivery is supposed to be this week.

Thanks I will try to order if no good news from the tire shop today..is your truck a 2019?

On 4/28/2020 at 12:56 PM, todom5 said:

Thanks I will try to order if no good news from the tire shop today..is your truck a 2019?

It's a 2017.

I have a 2018 Silverado Z71.  I put aftermarket Method wheels and new tires on recently and sucessfully swapped out the stock TPMS from stock wheels to the new set up.  The TPMS worked after the swap but were in the wrong positions. 

So a few weeks later I went through the relearn process.  Got to the LF wheel with the relearn tool and horn chirped after a bit, then went to RF and nothing.  I've done this several times and it never proceeds past the second wheel RF.  Went to the dealership and they couldn't get the first wheel to learn.  I tried mine there and couldn't get it to learn either.  

The Service person at the dealership stated that some aftermarket wheels position the TPMS at places in the tire that may be further away that in the stock position thereby making it difficult for the tool to link up with the sensor.  

So what are my options here?  Do the 2018's have the capability to let air out of the tire until the horn chirps procedure like the older Silverado's do?  I really don't want to take the wheels off, break the tire seal from the rim exposing the sensor so the tool can have a more direct link to the TPMS.  Just looking for some tips or tricks here that I could easily do without having to dismount the tires from the rims.  TIA!

• 2 weeks later...

I got the reset tool yesterday in the mail. This morning I reset the sensors. The instructions are more or less useless (just reader the procedure in your owner's manual. It took a few tries, but was successful. W/ the stock alum' rims, I held the 'antenna' perpendicular to the tire at the circumference of the wheel. Got the chirp @ the LF & then continued to the RF...

On 5/4/2020 at 2:52 PM, Domano 68 said:

Do the 2018's have the capability to let air out of the tire until the horn chirps procedure like the older Silverado's do?  

No, the procedure changed sometime after the 2011 model year (my 2500HD used the 'air down' method).