Bull bar and lighting

Added Westin 3.5" Contour bull bar with 30" curved les light bar. Also added led light strips to light up the step areas around the doors. Wife wanted some light to see where to step. Wired into dome light circuit so they come on when unlocked and doors open. f8bde96ebfb2c2a6f9fb235bde62c01d.jpg805b3f4c34d0d12a8ac379955ced9a35.jpg

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Added Westin 3.5" Contour bull bar with 30" curved les light bar. Also added led light strips to light up the step areas around the doors. Wife wanted some light to see where to step. Wired into dome light circuit so they come on when unlocked and doors open.

Looks nice. Where did you get the LED strips?

Delivered via my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.

Amazon. They are designed to be in truck bed but i cut off switch and wired into dome lights.

Looks very clean. I’m debating on doing something like that.

Delivered via my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.

looks great man... i like that the bull bar doesn't stick out so far... i've seen a ton that are way off the front.. .. just doesn't look right.. 

i want to do the step lighting as well... looks good op! great work!

On 5/8/2018 at 2:19 PM, cincisilverado said:

Tapped into the dome light in the wire harness under the dash. In my 2017 silverado it is a gray wire that i used. Very easy install

using that grey wire does the led strip only come on when you open the door/ unlock the truck or does it also come on anytime you push the map buttons?

^ It should only come on when door is opened or when truck unlocked at NIGHT time only. It will mimic the mirror led lights basically.

I see your license plate is behind all that, wouldnt that get you in trouble with the law?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 1:19 PM, cincisilverado said:

Tapped into the dome light in the wire harness under the dash. In my 2017 silverado it is a gray wire that i used. Very easy install

Tapped my puddle lights into that same wire.  My puddle lights come on when I turn on the interior lights, at the "Off/Door/On" switch.