S100 Carnuaba Paste Wax

Had read on Autogeek and other forums that this was essentially the same as P21S Wax for 1/2 the price.  Bit the bullet and picked up a container at the local Harley dealer for $18.35 with tax.  Washed and waxed my truck and I am impressed with the results.  Paint is glossy and the shine is awesome.  Like Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax it is a breeze to apply and remove and no worries about getting it on rubber or plastic trim unlike other products out there.  In short at 1/5 the cost of Pinnacle, I can highly recommend this wax.  Can't comment about the longevity but applying and removal is so easy if it lasts at least 6-8 weeks I will be happy.   May do a side by side test on the hood with Meguiars #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax, S100 and Pinnacle in the near future just for the sake of it.

Had a little bit of time on my hands so I decided to start a 3 wax test.  Temperature was 99 degrees with about 50% humidity when testing began.  

Firstly washed off the hood with some Chemical Guys Citrus Wash applied concentrated.   Next applied degreaser diluted in a 10-1 ratio.  Lastly did a wipedown with Isopropyl Alcohol.   Taped off hood in 3 sections and applied the different waxes.   

1.  Meguiars #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax.  Cost/Place of Purchase: $10.82 including tax. Wally World 

Least expensive of the 3 waxes tested.   Solvent smell prominent.  Followed directions on bottle to apply.  Relatively easy to apply and seemed to haze fairly quickly. Did not have to wait even 10 minutes to remove.  

Ease of use 1-10 scale with 1 = a 10 year old can handle it, 10 = better call a professional to remove wax = 4.  

2.  S100 Carnuaba Paste Wax. 

Cost/Place of Purchase: $18.35 including tax.  Local Harley Davidson dealer

Subdued smell, somewhat tropical??? in nature.  Applied to entire section and removed once complete with ease.

Ease of use 1-10 scale with 1 = a 10 year old can handle it, 10 = better call a professional to remove wax = 2.

3.  Pinnacle Souverän Paste Wax.

Cost/Place of Purchase: $95.00 including tax and shipping.  DetailedImage.com

Noticeable tropical smell.  Applied to entire section and removed once complete with ease.

Ease of use 1-10 scale with 1 = a 10 year old can handle it, 10 = better call a professional to remove wax = 1.

My observations are all 3 waxes left a glossy finish and great shine.  All were easy to work with as well.  A little extra care was needed with the Meguiars to not accidentally get it on the wiper blades or cowl since it does stain trim.  After removal, I performed a swipe test.  Meguiars #26 felt the slickest to the touch followed by the Pinnacle and than S100.  This may be due to the "silicones, polymers and other waxes," blended in to the Carnuaba Wax according to the label. When I previously waxed the truck it was necessary to lay a microfiber towel down before setting down the S100 wax to prevent it from sliding off the hood.  From the pictures it was possible to lay all the containers down after completing the initial wax removal.  Did not attempt to lay the containers down after applying the waxes because in my experience they would have slid right off and possibly caused damage to the finish.

Will use my truck as usual and report back when needed.  

Screenshot_20180604-180332.jpg

Screenshot_20180604-180318.jpg

Screenshot_20180604-180315.jpg

Screenshot_20180604-180321.jpg

Screenshot_20180604-180459.jpg

Screenshot_20180604-180457.jpg

Screenshot_20180604-180455.jpg

Edited by Lgetz
Clarified a comment

On 5/30/2018 at 4:57 PM, Nasty said:

Waxes dont last as long as sealants. I usually wax over a sealant. I use a machine to apply to its quick work to basically do it twice 

Exactly.  Wax over sealant for longevity

Since my truck is mainly garaged and not exposed too much I have not felt a need to apply a sealant.   If my driving habits change or I sell my beater than I will consider applying sealant and topping it with wax.   For now I will continue to apply wax every 6-8 weeks.

On 6/6/2018 at 5:08 AM, Lgetz said:

Since my truck is mainly garaged and not exposed too much I have not felt a need to apply a sealant.   If my driving habits change or I sell my beater than I will consider applying sealant and topping it with wax.   For now I will continue to apply wax every 6-8 weeks.

I bet sealant is cheaper than wax and it for sure lasts longer :)  I have a bottle of chemical guys jetseal for 25 bucks. Lasts me a whole year for 2 vehicles    and I apply it more than I should. About once every 2 months 

With the clear coats on vehicles theses days I used spray detailing only. That’s only because it makes it easier to get tar and bug marks off. My wife’s 7 year old car still looks new. It’s inside at night but every day it sits outside in south Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Had some heavy rain yesterday and all 3 waxes exhibited heavy and consistent water beading.  Did not take pictures though.  Left truck sitting in carport overnight without drying it up.  Went out earlier and caught a good sprinkle.  Here are the pictures.  All 3 waxes are holding up relatively the same.

Screenshot_20180620-170802.jpg

Screenshot_20180620-170808.jpg

Screenshot_20180620-170810.jpg

Screenshot_20180620-170813.jpg

Screenshot_20180620-170815.jpg

Screenshot_20180620-170818.jpg

Screenshot_20180620-170821.jpg

• 4 months later...

Final update to this thread.  After 20 weeks all 3 waxes were still beading after a downpour last week.  The Pinnacle beads were not tight in appearance compared to S100 and #26.  For now I am going to reapply S100 all around to prepare for S. Texas winter.  Come spring plan to apply Finish Kare Big White sealant and layer S100 wax on top.  

Screenshot_20181107-180136.png

Screenshot_20181107-180119.png

Screenshot_20181107-180052.png

Edited by Lgetz
Added Correct Product Name