Hoping device connectivity is easy.

I really hope these trucks offer an easy way to connect my Android smartphone.  Come on GM, time to get with the times.  My wife recently purchased a 2017 Lacrosse. (latest configuration).  She is very disappointed with the lack of phone integration that is offered. 

1.  The phone must use the Google Car Play app. 

2.  The phone has to be plugged into a cord to get it to connect.  

3.  The wireless charging doesn't work on the Samsung offering.  By far the best selling Android phone.  

What a lame excuse for connectivity.  There is no reason this isn't flawless by now.

In an ideal world,

1.  Your phone would connect to the vehicle when get near it. 

2.  All of the android voice commands would work because it is just using the vehicle speakers and microphone. 

3.  Google maps would be displayed on the vehicle screen. 

4.  Wireless charging should work for every phone with a glass back.  

Please GM, give us what we want.

GM fixed the charging incompatibility issues in 2018, so the new trucks will definitely support wireless charging for all mobile devices. If you wish to use CarPlay or AndroidAuto you have to have your phone plugged in, I know there are some aftermarket head units that support wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto, but there are issues. I would prefer to have wired CarPlay connection, it's much less stress on all devices involved and gets much better response times that are lag free. All of the android voice commands should work now, I know they do with my iPhone. You just have to long press the talk button so you can speak to Siri instead of the truck's built in voice assistant, the same should be true on Android long press the talk button to deliver commands to Google Assistant.