2016 Silverado infotainment update

Would anyone happen to know if there is an update to the infotainment software was checking out the 2018 silverados and they look totally different software wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drove a 2018 loaner with 8 miles on it last month. The infotainment system as well as the rest of the interior was identical to my 2016 as far as I could tell.

There are updates, but without sending it in to a third party, you’re not going to get the new features from the newer models.

I’m in a 16 too, but from what I understand, they added a mostly useless App Store, a signal indicator for the on star lte and maybe a few other things. The big stuff like CarPlay and Android Auto made it to most of the 16s. Early ones missed out and got a $200 credit instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve got CarPlay and it has limited apps but I use Tom Tom map, iHeart and Amazon everyday. 

My understanding is that this fall there will be a bunch more apps available.

8 hours ago, x219c said:

There are updates, but without sending it in to a third party, you’re not going to get the new features from the newer models.

I’m in a 16 too, but from what I understand, they added a mostly useless App Store, a signal indicator for the on star lte and maybe a few other things. The big stuff like CarPlay and Android Auto made it to most of the 16s. Early ones missed out and got a $200 credit instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Dealer will do the Android update for free if you ask, Just had mine done.

• Like 1

Our 2016 Suburban Mylink hasn't worked correctly since the day we purchased it.  GM said they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.  How long does it take? It has been 2 years already. They keep saying it is a software issue but no updates are available still. They are saying that the human interface modules are not talking like they should if that makes sense.  Why not just replace each module until it is fixed?  Doesn't make sense to purchase a brand new vehicle and not have it work as advertised.  They did increase our warranty on the Mylink system up to 108k miles and until 2023.  That tells me that they are not working to hard to get it fixed if they are willing to offer such a long warranty.

I know last fall the AppShop was pushed to the 2017+ models. Not sure if they ever made it available to 2016 and older models. It allows you to install apps like Weather Channel, iHeart, Pandora and others right on to the infotainment system.

Edited by Loco-diablo

On ‎06‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:38 AM, Black02Silverado said:

Our 2016 Suburban Mylink hasn't worked correctly since the day we purchased it.  GM said they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.  How long does it take? It has been 2 years already. They keep saying it is a software issue but no updates are available still. They are saying that the human interface modules are not talking like they should if that makes sense.  Why not just replace each module until it is fixed?  Doesn't make sense to purchase a brand new vehicle and not have it work as advertised.  They did increase our warranty on the Mylink system up to 108k miles and until 2023.  That tells me that they are not working to hard to get it fixed if they are willing to offer such a long warranty.

On my 17 it has been messed up since new... they claim no fix for mine as well.  Mine starts on the home screen every time you start the vehicle.  I told them I wanted everything replaced, they will not since warranty won't replace them.  Eventually I will get pissed enough and make these unresponsive and they will have to replace them all.  It would take less than 10 minutes with a pic on the control board.