Buying my first diesel truck

Hey everyone! Looking for some help/advice with picking out my new (used) truck. I’ve found one for $38000 with 68k miles. It’s a Sierra 2500HD Denali 2011. I’m hoping to get it down to $36000, but I don’t know if that is going to be possible.

There’s another truck almost similar and a 2012 SLT model with 39000 miles, but they want $42000.

I really like the first one especially because of the good reviews and the black leather interior. Is $38000 reasonable for the price? I’ve looked at it and turned the truck on. I plan on having this truck for at 7+ years.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well not knowing anything about the Denali other than it being a 2500hd. Looking up a crew cab KBB is showing $39,000 on the high side.  So depending on you location and how fast used sell, they may not come down. Never hurts to try.  $36,000  is the middle range for a good condition used one from what I can tell.

I live in LA. And the denali is stock. I started browsing about 3-4 months ago and still hasn’t sold. I want to get prequalified before I step into he dealerships again because normally they want you to get dealer finance. I want to check out the black 2012 as well, but it’s like a 70 mile drive.

• 5 months later...

I ended up buying a new 2500 Denali shortly after posting this thread. I want to get it lifted soon, but I know that’s gonna cost at least 5k bc of the new wheels that it’s gonna need. I haven’t done anything to the truck, I’m thinking of adding a subwoofer/amp to the current system. Is it possible without cutting cables?
I did get a tonneau cover since I keep my son’s baseball gear in the truck. I’ll post some pics tomorrow after the rain stops.