Stereo (again) unresponsive RAP

So its been a year without a stereo, and I have finally found a door switch. Someone mentioned in the thread I posted in May of last year, that it was the door strike switch. Well hours and hours searching the end of the internet and $210 later, I finally found one, had it delivered today, and I got it installed tonight. Was excited was finally going to have a stereo again, and not have to pull the fuse anymore.

Any one want to take a wild guess as to what happened with the stereo? That's right--it's STILL not turning off. I have disconnected the battery and waited 10-15 minutes (both positive and negative leads). Had all doors closed, put fuse for stereo back into fuse panel, connected battery, and on came the stereo. Keys were in my back pocket.

Formulabruce suggested checking the accessory wiring to the stereo (yellow), and maybe that is the issue, and wiring it up to something that quits when the key is shut off (that is looking more and more of an option at this point).  Davester suggested it was a third party issue (maybe that wiring harness Crutchfield supplied with the Sony Double Din DVD player). The one thing I do not understand, is why would it just randomly start doing it in 2016/7, when the stereo was installed in 2005, and never had a problem.

Regardless, I digress. So RAP is not working. The dome light does come on when the door is opened, and shuts off 20-30 seconds after it is closed. Stereo will not shut off. Dome light with passenger door 20-30 seconds-stereo wont shut off, dome with rear doors-almost immediately-stereo wont shut off. I suppose tomorrow I will tear the dash apart (again) and look for something-anything.

I bought the door switch from gmpartsdirect.com

https://www.gmpartsdirect.co/oem-parts/gm-latch-15110643

Given that the dome lights come on & off proper with the doors, that indicates the BCM is correctly getting and processing the doors opening/closing, I would look at the crutchfield-supplied wiring harness, as that harness should/will have some circuitry to get the RAP signal from the serial bus and then turn on/off power to the radio based on that (there's also be a separate always-on power supply to the radio for the clock and to keep radio settings).  After 10 years, it's possible something has failed in that circuitry.

There is a timer in the gauge cluster which has had issues with the lead replacement solder used similar to the light bulb on the circuit board problems.

Getting a rebuilt cluster solved a few problems on my friends truck recently

Good luck!

Thanks Guys-again.

I replaced the cluster a few years ago, with a rebuild from Rockauto. I have noticed there maybe another bulb out in the upper right corner, however, everything else on the cluster works fine. Bruce, you say there is a timer on the cluster, I am curious if it affects RAP in anyway.