Diablo Intune I2 300 mile Review

Just because I know I was looking for as much info as I could before I bought it, thought I would quickly share my thoughts on the Diablo I2 I installed on my truck earlier this week. Overall, really happy I got it.

- CAI, resonator delete

-Running the canned 93 Octane Tune, AFM off, Firm shift. 

Performance : It’s alive! Let’s be honest, it’s not a supercharger. So don’t expect a supercharger. But the truck is more alive than ever. This is what a V8 should feel like. I keep getting yelled at by my wife because I accidentally keep slamming her back in to her seat leaving a stop. I mean it really thows you back now. I still haven’t really pushed it either because I want to ease in to the tune. The throttle response is so much better than stock. It jumps off the line, no “bog” or delay feeling anymore. Getting up to highway speed is a breeze now, and I continue to catch myself doing 90-95 completely on accident. It just wants to go there now. Shifting is sharp now, but not hard or harsh. Stock, I felt like my tranny was gonna drop out of the truck numerous times a day. Awkward shift points and random un expected downshifts were the norm. That is pretty much gone. AFM has got to go! So much hesitation is created by the truck trying to figure when it wants to be in 4 cylinder mode or a V8. I never realized how bad it was until it was gone. A lot of the hesitation that I was feeling in the truck (I think) was coming from that I believe, and I was blaiming the tranny. With that being said, I think the tranny was trying to figure out 4 cylinder mode, and 4 cylinder mode was trying to figure out the tranny. Just a mess. 

Gas Mileage: Even with some excess throttle on my end, and with AFM off, I still think I have gained about 1.8 MPG all around. Further driving will be needed to determine this. 

Interface: Very easy to use. Ya, it takes a couple extra tap sometimes on the screen, and sometimes it has a little hesitation, but what do you expect? I didn’t buy this expecting it to be like an iPhone. I bought it for the tune. 

Couple notes. AFM is not automatically turned off with any of the tunes. You have to modify the tune. Haven’t tried the MPG Booster, probably won’t. I think having an intake is very important, and I could only imagine that a true exhaust would help a lot as well. Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the review. I have an InTune I’ve been wanting to tune my ‘16 with but I’ve been leery of doing it while I still have warranty remaining. The odd driving characteristics of GMs economy geared tuning is making it difficult to wait. 

I love mine, if you get Lew to do the custom tune it will be sooooo much better. I read what others said but once I got mine it was awesome. I agree the trucks should come driving this way

43 minutes ago, Bobaloo22 said:

I love mine, if you get Lew to do the custom tune it will be sooooo much better. I read what others said but once I got mine it was awesome. I agree the trucks should come driving this way

Do you just do the diagnostic and send it in? How much does that cost? 

• Like 1

You do a data log and email it to him and he will adjust your particular parameters. Drive it for about 300 or so miles and then he will want a wide open throttle log. His site diablewtune will answer questions. I bought tuner with custom tune but I think it's around $150 for all you need for a year and a minimal cost after that, in case you add exhaust or a cai. Lew is a great guy answered many, many questions for me. Tell him I recommended you he will take good care of you.

Bob

Gotta make sure you really strap your tranny’s down before driving like crazy. Don’t want anyone calling the cops on random tranny’s laying on the road. I’ll be doing something similar to this once my warranty is up. I like reading the positive reviews from such a simple fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, lew-e said:

Gotta make sure you really strap your tranny’s down before driving like crazy. Don’t want anyone calling the cops on random tranny’s laying on the road. I’ll be doing something similar to this once my warranty is up. I like reading the positive reviews from such a simple fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel a whole lot better about my tranny now than I did before. I obviously don’t exactly know what’s going on inside there, but from feel alone it sure seems a lot more safe/smooth now. Time will tell.