New tires

Hi all!  I have a question and I'm pretty ignorant about these things so I apologize if this is a silly question.  My truck is a 2015 Sierra with the factory 255 70 r17 tires.  My question is what other size tires could go on these same rims without modifying the truck.  The tires I like come in 265 70 r17 but I'm not sure if that would work.  Thank you so much for your advice!

On 7/29/2018 at 4:08 PM, Erintc29 said:

Hi all!  I have a question and I'm pretty ignorant about these things so I apologize if this is a silly question.  My truck is a 2015 Sierra with the factory 255 70 r17 tires.  My question is what other size tires could go on these same rims without modifying the truck.  The tires I like come in 265 70 r17 but I'm not sure if that would work.  Thank you so much for your advice!

No problem and minimal difference.  The figures 255 and 265 are the width of the tires measured in millimeters.  The 70 is the % of the height of the sidewall to the width of the tire.  Your new tires will be close to 1/2 inch wider and your truck will be close to a 1/4  inch higher off the ground.  No need for a step stool! ;-)

May I ask what tire you chose?

Also for anyone else with a close to OEM sized tires, what's a good all terrain tire that has a decent look to it. In other words tires that don't look like they belong on a sedan. I've always like bg Goodrich all terrain but I want a longer lasting tire that's not too crazy.

5 hours ago, jaxcam02 said:

Also for anyone else with a close to OEM sized tires, what's a good all terrain tire that has a decent look to it. In other words tires that don't look like they belong on a sedan. I've always like bg Goodrich all terrain but I want a longer lasting tire that's not too crazy.

All terrain tires by design will usually wear faster than a similar quality highway tire.  "Looks" is a personal opinion but the best tires for traction, longevity and looks(imo) continue to be Michelin all season tires.  (LTX MS/LTX MS2/Defender)  I've had them on my past three 1500's and 18 winters without switching to snow tires or using chains.

I’d say bfg ko2s. If you’re wanting less aggressive but still a good, long lasting AT then look at the Yokohama Geolandar AT G015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, jaxcam02 said:

I'm going with the Hankook rt03 mt.  I think they will look pretty cool on the truck.