2015 Silverado and electronic problems eg. steringwheel

Hi,

I have funky electric problems with my Silverado, when I am turning the steeringwheel, it throw the steering wheel back and radio shuts off and or the speedometer. This is a problem especially when making turns. This doesn’t happened all the times, but it looks like when the volt drops I have this problem.

Did some one has a idea why this happend?

Cheers

Most likely a bad ground somewhere, I had a similar issue with my truck, although not as easily replicated. And it ended up being the negative battery terminal and main ground wire. If the battery is just dying the alternator should still power everything, so definitely a grounding issue, or possibly a power delivery issue, but most likely a ground.

There are several other threads in the forum about funky electrical issues, read through those and that will give you an idea of several grounds to check. If you are still under warranty, take it to a dealer and let them deal with it. Electrical issues are very tedious and time consuming to track down.

On 8/20/2018 at 2:57 PM, Habnixzuverliern said:

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, it’s not the ground on the a pillar, both are checked.

This is very annoying.

Cheers

Pierre

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

That looks exactly like the bad G218 ground.  Did you just look at the ground or did you remove it, clean the stud and nut, and re-torque it?  If you go back in to do that do the one on the passenger side as well while you have the dash cover off.

If that doesn't solve it tell your dealer to look for PIT5405.  It's a long bulletin that has them check 4 or 5 electrical things that are known to cause this (arc at starter, battery cables, the G218 ground, and some other things).

Edited by sk
  • Like 1