A few things I noticed in the recent videos....

- No front adjustable seat-belt shoulder height.

- Single speed transfer case on most 4x4 models.

Seatbelt deal seems to be a safety driven thing as most cars on the market no longer have them.  Top of the belt is better anchored when its not adjustable. 

2 speed case can be had on every trim when Z71 is optioned. 

Edited by newdude

A non adjustable seat belt is a deal breaker on any car that I own. If my wife and myself will both drive a vehicle it needs to be adjustable. She’s 5’ and I’m 6’1”. Hopefully if the belts are fixed they have a remedy for this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be because I’m biased and I own a k2xx....

The dash, knobs, and instrument cluster in k2xx look higher quality / trim than what’s in the T1xx. 

Not hating on t1xx but seems like GM cheaped out on interior. 

I do like the driving modes, 4x4 indicator on cluster, 4x4 buttons, rear cup holders on center console, rear heated seats and rear ac vents. 

Edited by 2009GMC

Tons of vehicles still have adjustable seatbelt anchors. It's basically a requirement for me because I'm tall-ish and tend to sit upright so I like raising it. Making a 2-speed transfer case optional is foolish in my eyes but perhaps the biggest letdown is the headlamps. Currently K2 trucks are all HID, from a WT trim up to a Denali or High Country. Now anything below an LT/SLE is halogen again and even on those mid level trims, LED is optional I think. GM really lost me with this round. Both this and the new Ram are ugly on the outside to boot. 

• Like 1

that's alright.  they are just lights. 

23 hours ago, Colossus said:

that's alright.  they are just lights. 

Considering how shoddy the K2 lights (mostly Sierra)  were pre 2016 MCE I can understand why’d he’d be disappointed.

as long as they’re not Sierra bad I guess it won’t be that much of a let down  

It is a big deal because putting china junk HID bulbs in a halogen housing is a dick move so these cheap headlamps GM is starting with are a big hindrance if they're not any good.

Edited by MikeNH
  • Like 1

I believe my 18 LTZ has LED headlamps.

On 8/29/2018 at 5:24 PM, MikeNH said:

It is a big deal because putting china junk HID bulbs in a halogen housing is a dick move so these cheap headlamps GM is starting with are a big hindrance if they're not any good.

From what I saw from Alex on  Autos YouTube video,  He mentioned  something along the lines that  the bulbs fire down and get reflected forward. But that was for the Denali so I’m not sure how the base Sierra lamps will be and the Silverado headlamps as well. Maybe they all fire downwards and get reflected forwards like he mentioned for the Sierra Denali headlamps and fogs? 

Not sure if that will deter cheap HID’s being installed or not but hopefully it will

On 8/28/2018 at 11:09 PM, jponce97 said:

Considering how shoddy the K2 lights (mostly Sierra)  were pre 2016 MCE I can understand why’d he’d be disappointed.

as long as they’re not Sierra bad I guess it won’t be that much of a let down  

The Sierra Lights were better than the Silverados, after 2016 anyways, Consumer Reports tested them and rated the silverados lower.