FOX 2.5 DSC coilovers keep arriving damaged!!!

I have the coilovers on the way for my 2017 Silverado 4wd.  I can't find any videos online that help a whole lot, but how hard a job is this?

I *think* I can unbolt swaybar endlink from lower control arm and push it down enough to get the swap done.  Can anyone confirm this or will I have to separate the upper ball joint from the knuckle also to get enough droop?

6.5" lift already installed and Fox says the coilovers are shipped to match the height of the factory strut/spacer setup that's on the truck now.  

I don't have a competent shop I can trust to do it for me...besides I can save a couple hundred bucks doing it myself I'm sure.  Just have to shell out $139 for an alignment afterwards.

Edited by lapoolboy

16 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

I have the coilovers on the way for my 2017 Silverado 4wd.  I can't find any videos online that help a whole lot, but how hard a job is this?

I *think* I can unbolt swaybar endlink from lower control arm and push it down enough to get the swap done.  Can anyone confirm this or will I have to separate the upper ball joint from the knuckle also to get enough droop?

6.5" lift already installed and Fox says the coilovers are shipped to match the height of the factory strut/spacer setup that's on the truck now.  

I don't have a competent shop I can trust to do it for me...besides I can save a couple hundred bucks doing it myself I'm sure.  Just have to shell out $139 for an alignment afterwards.

I put Fox coilovers on my 2016 Sierra with a 6" lift. All I had to do was unbolt the sway bar end link and unbolt and remove the strut assembly. You have more room to work on a lifted truck. 

Well, the coilovers arrived today and I opened them like a kid on Christmas morning.  I was greeted by a chewed up passenger-side coilover and my enthusiasm quickly waned.

It looks like they were either damaged during assembly at the factory or is a returned/refurbed unit.  Either way, Fox's QC inspection of parts (or lack thereof) before packaging failed me on this one.

I didn't purchase from Fox directly unfortunately so I am at the mercy of the retailer.  They are telling me that they need to submit pictures of the damage to Fox since the coilovers were drop-shipped from them directly.  We'll see how long this process takes to resolve.

I know I could bolt them up and they would function fine, but I have raging OCD and it will not allow me to put these on my truck.

So....the wait continues....

20180828_115804.jpg

Edited by lapoolboy

Well, the coilovers arrived today and I opened them like a kid on Christmas morning.  I was greeted by a chewed up passenger-side coilover and my enthusiasm quickly waned.

It looks like they were either damaged during assembly at the factory or is a returned/refurbed unit.  Either way, Fox's QC inspection of parts (or lack thereof) before packaging failed me on this one.

I didn't purchase from Fox directly unfortunately so I am at the mercy of the retailer.  They are telling me that they need to submit pictures of the damage to Fox since the coilovers were drop-shipped from them directly.  We'll see how long this process takes to resolve.

I know I could bolt them up and they would function fine, but I have raging OCD and it will not allow me to put these on my truck.

So....the wait continues....
20180828_115804.thumb.jpg.4940a404fc18576d900d0aea5bc0b7cc.jpg

It’ll involve you sending them back to fox on your own dime and waiting 2-3 weeks for them to be replaced......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this? Looking to hear how they ride, I have a similar setup, zone 6.5 with rear fox shocks ( the stock white zone shocks lasted 2 months lol ). Which online company did you order them from? (Price ? And how is their customer service so far on this matter?)

Thank bro.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OK, so long story...

I have yet to install a set of these on my truck.  The first set I received arrived damaged as my picture above shows. 

I bought these from LiftKits4Less after confirming they were an authorized FOX dealer.  They had the best price by a couple hundred dollars.  When I had the issue with the coilovers, I contacted them about it and all they could do is relay all my information to their distributor (whom they called the "manufacturer") for them to make a decision.  I looked at the shipping label and determined who their distributor was, so I just cut out LiftKits4Less and began communicating directly with Sport Truck USA.

Sport Truck USA provided me a UPS call tag to have them sent back.  Once they saw movement on the tracking number, they immediately shipped out the replacement set.  I asked for expedited shipping and was denied based on cost.  I'm 3 days shipping time via UPS Ground.  So, I waited through the long holiday weekend to get them and they arrived Tuesday.  The new set arrived with the same damage (although not as bad as the first set), but more importantly, they were missing the entire hardware pack that contains the reservoir mounting brackets, clamps, etc!  So, again after more e-mails back and forth, Sport Truck USA sends me another UPS call tag and I ship them back.  This time, I was adamant about expedited shipping and they sent the third set out via 2nd Day Air yesterday.  I am set to receive them tomorrow.  The rep I spoke with assured me that they actually opened this set and inspected them to make sure they were perfect BEFORE shipping.  I will report back tomorrow when I receive them.  If they are o.k., I plan to install them this weekend.

I will say Sport Truck USA has been great about taking care of the issues.  By my calculations, they have spent $675 in shipping so far taking care of this.  They receive the products directly from FOX out in California and they ship them out when ordered (LiftKits4Less had them drop-shipped to me).  They do not open the boxes to inspect and we both agree these first two sets were probably damaged during manufacturing/assembly.  The boxes and packaging/padding have been perfect in both cases.

I am also out $25 in shipping tape to send these things back.  They are 80lbs and come in stapled boxes, so I had to use entire rolls of reinforced packing tape to secure the boxes back enough to safely make the return trip.  I mentioned this to the rep and he included a shirt and cap to make up for my expense/hassle.

To summarize, I am o.k. with the service I've received so far...at this point, I just want to get a set installed and roll with them!

Edited by lapoolboy
  • Like 1

Here's the third set I just received this afternoon via UPS 2nd Day Air.  They say they did not leave in this condition so apparently the two coilovers are able to come into contact with each other during transit.  They've offered refund, exchange, or discount.  I've told them I want a new set but I want them wrapped and packaged better so that they don't bang into each other.  Will continue the saga Monday.

20180907_140028.jpg

Edited by lapoolboy

• lapoolboy changed the title to FOX 2.5 DSC coilover quality control SUCKS!!!
Looks like someone already test them out! :smash:

It would probably be cheaper for them just to credit you back, and you just keep those. Unless they were already installed and then returned with internal problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk