265/70r18 pics

So after a lot of research it seems like 265/70r18 might be the tallest P rated tire I can fit on a stock height Silverado with my factory 18 inch wheels. It's probably the size I'm gonna go with once the stock goodyears wear out to gain a tad more ground clearance and get a slightly more aggressive A/T tire without lifting/leveling my truck and ruining the comfortable stock ride it currently has. I'm wondering if anyone has any pics of this size tire on their stock height truck?

Or you could go with a 285/65 18" if you want.  I don't think I have ever seen a 265/70 mainly because most go for looks over function and that size will be tall and skinny looking.  The 285/65 will give you the same height (32.6") but a wider foot print and will look much better on the truck and will still fit on your stock rims.

• Like 2

well that's an odd tire size, and there are not any trucks that come from the factory with that setup. Most come 265/65/R18.

265/70/R18 is only a 1" taller tire overall. Meaning that it is only going to "lift" the truck 1/2". Almost going to be unnoticeable. I doubt that too many people even go with that option because it is not really a significant increase to warrant getting new tires.

• Like 1

I don't know how odd that size is.  I was thinking of that size as well.  It gives just a bit more tire size without needing a level.  I agree though that not many would pull off usable tires to change to this size.  I will be waiting until my oe tires are worn out.  The 285/65 option does sound interesting as well, but I would think the 265 width might be better in rain and slushy snow.  

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 2:14 PM, Mike GMC said:

I don't know how odd that size is.  I was thinking of that size as well.  It gives just a bit more tire size without needing a level.  I agree though that not many would pull off usable tires to change to this size.  I will be waiting until my oe tires are worn out.  The 285/65 option does sound interesting as well, but I would think the 265 width might be better in rain and slushy snow.  

My thoughts exactly. I'm gonna wait until the stock wranglers wear out, then probably switch sizes when that happens.

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, JRL1164 said:

It dows not rub. It is a 4X4 Z71 CC STD Bed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

i think the 4x4  z71 has a higher stock lift and suspension profile than the standard trucks. Thanks for the info!

Last tire purchase I struggled with the same dilemma.   There is nothing to gain by going with a higher aspect except a perceived better look.  Nobody else will notice or care.   The slightly larger and heavier tire will not improve performance, economy or function.  In the end, I decided to go stock.  However, my situation at the time was different and expenses required a higher level of justification!  If you decide to go with slightly bigger tire then I definitely vote with tnchevy and say go for the 285/65/18.  The look will be noticeable and you will have the same height as the 265/70/18.  (I heard the argument about wider tires reducing traction in snow when I switched my '00 Silverado's tires from 235 to 245)  Tall, skinny tires have their advantages/appeal but it would require very unique driving conditions to have a 265 mm wide tire out perform a 285 mm wide tire.

Problem is most all 285/65/18's are E-rated tires so much heavier and rougher riding than SL tires. Plus a 285 I think would be close to if not having a rub issue in many cases? I went 265/70/18 with a 1.25 Bilstein level (1.5 spacer before) and I noticed the inch. Wider tires although improve grip in some cases are worse in others mud, snow, ice and have more of an mpg penalty even before the added E-rated tire...

Tyler

10 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

Problem is most all 285/65/18's are E-rated tires so much heavier and rougher riding than SL tires. Plus a 285 I think would be close to if not having a rub issue in many cases? I went 265/70/18 with a 1.25 Bilstein level (1.5 spacer before) and I noticed the inch. Wider tires although improve grip in some cases are worse in others mud, snow, ice and have more of an mpg penalty even before the added E-rated tire...

Tyler

Unsprung weight is definitely a consideration.  On my last truck I switched from Michelin LTX MS2 P rated tires to Michelin LTX MS2 LT  rated tires.  (Same size-same pattern)   I felt the switch significantly hurt my MPG's. although don't have data to support my "feeling".