3500 miles on Allison

Having trouble already.  Truck has lunged twice while coming to a stop, slammed second a few times and acted like I had a stall converter a few times.  No lights or codes either.

Think maybe I need a reflash or re-learn?  We all know the dealer will tell me to get lost without a code....

• 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, Kyle2 said:

Having trouble already.  Truck has lunged twice while coming to a stop, slammed second a few times and acted like I had a stall converter a few times.  No lights or codes either.

Think maybe I need a reflash or re-learn?  We all know the dealer will tell me to get lost without a code....

What year truck?  When did it start doing it?

No.  Built 5/18.  Also find L5p very fuel quality sensitive.  Has pretty good fuel knock at idle when cold.  Goes away immediately under power.

Changed to Exxon and it likes it better than Shell.  Ahh ok....

Have you folks noticed the low oil pressure ( compared to LML ) ? Mine is 28 idle hot and 45 running and 110 cold morning.  Yeah...110 plus on gauge. on Rotella 15x40 jug.

LML was 42 and 60 hot / same oil at 200 k plus miles.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:51 PM, Kyle2 said:

2018 SLT.   Started bout 500 miles and got worse.  Dealer says he cant reflash, truck has latest software.  Also have dead pedal issue.  Comes and goes.

Wonder if I can get my LML back

37 minutes ago, Kyle2 said:

No.  Built 5/18.  Also find L5p very fuel quality sensitive.  Has pretty good fuel knock at idle when cold.  Goes away immediately under power.

Changed to Exxon and it likes it better than Shell.  Ahh ok....

Have you folks noticed the low oil pressure ( compared to LML ) ? Mine is 28 idle hot and 45 running and 110 cold morning.  Yeah...110 plus on gauge. on Rotella 15x40 jug.

LML was 42 and 60 hot / same oil at 200 k plus miles.

Honestly, it might be worth taking it in and duplicating your concerns.  When I say that, I mean you and the manager or the tech, you driving it and it acting up.  I wouldn't drop it off without you driving it with them.  If they can verify, they may have something to go on to attempt a re-program, or the tech can call GM TAC and see if they know of anything. 

Oil pressure sounds normal.   

#17-NA-051: High Oil Pressure during Initial Start of Vehicle - (Feb 23, 2017)

Some customers may comment on high oil pressure or that the oil pressure is "pegged" high during the initial start up of the vehicle.

When first starting the engine with cold oil, the oil pressure can be up to 100 psi or 690 kPa (full range of oil pressure gauge) at idle conditions. This is normal with cold oil and internal relief valves in the engine will be active. As the engine oil temperature rises, the idle oil pressure will reduce.

This is considered a normal condition and no repairs should be performed.

Edited by newdude

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 12:20 PM, Kyle2 said:

2018 SLT.   Started bout 500 miles and got worse.  Dealer says he cant reflash, truck has latest software.  Also have dead pedal issue.  Comes and goes.

Wonder if I can get my LML back

Hi, Kyle2. We understand how frustrating this situation must be for you. If you’re considering re-visiting your servicing GM dealership, we would be happy to work alongside them, as an additional layer of support. Feel free to send us a private message, if you are interested.

Anthony J.