Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!
In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience.
I’m kind of wondering, has anybody ever installed this DRL kit from Diode Dynamics? It basically lets you choose between amber and white LEDs. Yesterday I came across a 2016+ Silverado with amber LEDs at night and it was sick!! Might be looking to make something similar but I want to see more pictures of this kit installed and hear anything someone might have to say about the quality.
here’s a video:
I have a 2000 Escalade problem with no DRL. I have run the diagnostics and it points to the DRL diode. I know most diodes are located right under the steering wheel. Most of the locators list the diode somewhere around the radio. Is it possible that the diode is in the DRL module? The module is easily found but I cannot locate the diode. I am suspecting it does not have one. Is there a way to determine if the circuitry was changed in the late 2000?
I don’t like putting LED bulbs in the OEM housing if they are used on the road since they scatter the bright light and blind oncoming traffic. This install was not hard but more difficult than the 2014-2018 (and 2019 HD) Sierra.
1) unbolt 2 wheel liner bolts (10mm) and remove push tab to make room to work
2) use small ratchet and swivel to unbolt 4 screws (8mm) of the fog light housing and remove wire harness push tabs and remove bulb from fog light
3) use 10mm socket to “cap” the OEM expanding nuts and swap over the adjuster and only the ends of the 2 other retaining nuts
4) trim off all 3 tabs of the Morimoto pigtail with razor knife or box cutter (wear cut gloves and cut away from your hand and body) as you will install the plug upside down or the lights will not turn on
5) put it all back in and adjust light
associated pictures will be loaded below.
By Marco Melgoza
Hello everyone I have a 99-07 1/2 silverado I recently installed LED lights for full exterior use however the turn signals do not work the parking lights work as do the hazards but when I turn on the turn Signals nothing. anyone know what the problem might be and any possible solutions ? Thanks
I have a grant steering wheel assembly, but I need more insight on how to install. Watched a bunch of videos but couldn't find a good one for what I doing.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Most OnlineNewest Member
Who's Online 20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 700 Guests (See full list)