In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Zane

Sylvania Cube-X Winner Rocks Out His New LED Lights

SylvaniaCubeX_Winner1.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

9/18/18

As the few remaining snow piles melted away last spring, we wrote about our impressions installing the latest LED lights from Sylvania. The Cube-X and the company's new parabolic LED spot light bars.

A few weeks later, we gave away a set of Cube X's to one lucky forum member, @Veee24

This summer RJ ( @Veee24) installed his new Cube-X lights and sent us an update. We asked him how he liked the lights and how the install went. He told us:

The installation was pretty simple for me because I already had 2 other lights wired up that I tied the cube-x lights to. I wired the accent lights independently to their own switch then tied the spotlights to the existing lights... Making for a very bright view! Once I had the location it was just a matter of drilling one hole each. I love the look of the accent lights. They are bright enough to get other drivers' attention but not too bright to blind them. The spotlights can be easily repositioned at different angles and they go a good distance out in front of the truck. My only wish is that the directions would show how to wire them with a relay, fuse, and switch. You can buy kits but it would be nice if the lights came with what they need... Especially being LED. Over all I love the lights and would recommend them to anyone looking for something a little different from everyone else.

Thank you again Zane, GM-Trucks.com, and to Sylvania!

We think the end result is pretty amazing. RJ's sick 1997 Chevy Silverado. Check out the photos above and below and let us know what you think about RJs ride and his Sylvania Cube-X LED lights. 

SylvaniaCubeX_Winner2.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Omarios
      Hello all,

I’m kind of wondering, has anybody ever installed this DRL kit from Diode Dynamics? It basically lets you choose between amber and white LEDs. Yesterday I came across a 2016+ Silverado with amber LEDs at night and it was sick!! Might be looking to make something similar but I want to see more pictures of this kit installed and hear anything someone might have to say about the quality.

here’s a video: 

• By randyleepatty
      I have a 2000 Escalade problem with no DRL. I have run the diagnostics and it points to the DRL diode. I know most diodes are located right under the steering wheel. Most of the locators list the diode somewhere around the radio. Is it possible that the diode is in the DRL module? The module is easily found but I cannot locate the diode. I am suspecting it does not have one. Is there a way to determine if the circuitry was changed in the late 2000?
    • By EXSlider400
      I don’t like putting LED bulbs in the OEM housing if they are used on the road since they scatter the bright light and blind oncoming traffic. This install was not hard but more difficult than the 2014-2018 (and 2019 HD) Sierra. 

1) unbolt 2 wheel liner bolts (10mm) and remove push tab to make room to work

2) use small ratchet and swivel to unbolt 4 screws (8mm) of the fog light housing and remove wire harness push tabs and remove bulb from fog light 

3) use 10mm socket to “cap” the OEM expanding nuts and swap over the adjuster and only the ends of the 2 other retaining nuts

4) trim off all 3 tabs of the Morimoto pigtail with razor knife or box cutter (wear cut gloves and cut away from your hand and body) as you will install the plug upside down or the lights will not turn on

5) put it all back in and adjust light 

associated pictures will be loaded below. 

• By Marco Melgoza
      Hello everyone I have a 99-07 1/2 silverado I recently installed LED lights for full exterior use however the turn signals do not work the parking lights work as do the hazards but when I turn on the turn Signals nothing. anyone know what the problem might be and any possible solutions ? Thanks 
    • By Kovah
      I have a grant steering wheel assembly, but I need more insight on how to install.  Watched a bunch of videos but couldn't find a good one for what I doing.