Do the new 2019 front calipers fit our trucks????

So I went to the dealer today who had two 2019 crew cab pick ups. One SLT the other a Denali. Saw a lot of negative and some positive stuff written, wanted to see for myself. My truck is only 1 year old but I despise the seats. Well I was underwhelmed with the 2019. Really agreed with some of the negative commentary. Very nice truck, paint quality is greatly improved and very obvious. Seat were slightly better but still hard and not a dealmaker for me! I love new stuff but this was just like a slightly improved version of our truck? Nothing made me want to jump. The Dodge interior really makes this new truck look marginal. 

So.......I see the front calipers are much larger than ours and are at least 4 piston???.... Are there any techs reading or someone in the know if these MAY mount up on our truck?? Would be a great upgrade. I know the Brembo upgrade bolts right on, no modifications. But those are 2600 dollars!  Thanks

I hear you on the hard seats. I hope my front seats soften with more @ss time. The rear seat feels better on my @ss and has some give.

I have SLT Premium plus. I believe the only difference in Denali seats is 2 way lumbar and some more stitching.

Historically I have found cloth seats have more give and feel softer vs leather.

• Like 1

The 2007 to 2013 seats were much better and more comfortable. Sorry but the seats won't soften. I have had 4 of these trucks and found out here the seats are mainly manufactured leather not a natural hide. They stay tough and hard, but as GM wanted, they wear well.  I just swapped my stock leather for aftermarket Nappa leather. It was an improvement but we are now working on the foam. Getting rid of the built in lumbar and a softer auto foam in the middle of cushion. Same here, the rear seat is better because there is no heating element or blow through foam for the ventilated seats. Also the front seat leather or whatever it is,... is different. 

The cloth seats are an improvement over the leather they offer. Crazy.....  I am actually relieved the 2019 seats aren't much of an improvement! Could have been an expensive afternoon!!!! LOL 

I read the wheel bolt pattern changed, so that would mean the rotors don't fit,  and the Brembo upgrade for the '19 trucks is a different part number, they also list a rear kit for the '19.  

16 minutes ago, qwank said:

I read the wheel bolt pattern changed, so that would mean the rotors don't fit,  and the Brembo upgrade for the '19 trucks is a different part number, they also list a rear kit for the '19.  

That's good info! Thanks. Wow, usually GM is good for using the same parts bin a lot. The Brembo part# being different is a dead giveaway this swap is not looking good.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seamus2154 said:

That's good info! Thanks. Wow, usually GM is good for using the same parts bin a lot. The Brembo part# being different is a dead giveaway this swap is not looking good.

Thanks

Yup, I was all excited when I saw the rear kit listed under '19, but then I saw the front was a different part number. Did a little more reading and saw the wheel lug pattern was different. Bogus 

8 minutes ago, qwank said:

Yup, I was all excited when I saw the rear kit listed under '19, but then I saw the front was a different part number. Did a little more reading and saw the wheel lug pattern was different. Bogus 

Im 99% sure its still 6x139.7.  

9 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Im 99% sure its still 6x139.7.  

I'll double check tomorrow. 

According to the install instructions, it looks like the rear kit is just red factory calipers.  Lame.  

OK, the '19 big brake kit comes with hoses and backing plates,  so if the calipers and rotors are the same, then it could mean that the '19 front brakes might fit if you change the hoses and modify the backing plates.

Hmmmmmm.....I am still on the hoping side! The '19 stock calipers can't be that much and are beefier. 2600 for Brembo is a bit much for a truck. If I trade you get nothing. I always say I'll swap it back but that never happens. A 6000 lb truck should have better brakes than we have. Normal driving is fine...but I am not normal nor do I drive that way plus towing.

4 hours ago, seamus2154 said:

Hmmmmmm.....I am still on the hoping side! The '19 stock calipers can't be that much and are beefier. 2600 for Brembo is a bit much for a truck. If I trade you get nothing. I always say I'll swap it back but that never happens. A 6000 lb truck should have better brakes than we have. Normal driving is fine...but I am not normal nor do I drive that way plus towing.

If you want to feel $hitty brakes, drive a GMT400 88-98. Mushy pedal with lots of travel before you get brakes. I put drilled and slotted on my 97 which made a huge difference! Still have mushy pedal. May do master cylinder swap to gmt 800. 

Going back and and forth between 97 and 18 the brakes are amazing on 18 ?

Back on k2xx generation....

You could prob put drilled amd slotted on your truck and will notice more bite, grab etc. Also more brake dust as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2009GMC said:

If you want to feel $hitty brakes, drive a GMT400 88-98. Mushy pedal with lots of travel before you get brakes. I put drilled and slotted on my 97 which made a huge difference! Still have mushy pedal. May do master cylinder swap to gmt 800. 

You could prob put drilled amd slotted on your truck and will notice more bite, grab etc. Also more brake dust as well. 

I will never run a drilled rotor on a vehicle.  Slotted yes.  But drilled are more prone to cracking 

I hear Ya! These are all new world problems/complaints! LOL I owned a 1991 Silverado, and I would have to agree! But still striving for better, the '19 brakes look to be a nice improvement and size. Daily driving,  these brakes work fine. No initial bite though. But aggressive driving, or towing in hilly areas they leave a lot to be desired. They are marginal in that realm. If these do not fit I will consider some upgrade maybe just rotors and pads?

Don't use the gmt800 master.  My 2000 feels exactly like you describe, mushy low and only marginal braking power.  I may be looking at a wilwood master and booster in the future.