2019 Sierra Denali Upgrades

Hey Everyone, just wanted to share some info on my 2019 Sierra Denali, so far I LOVE this truck. I went from a 2015 high Country with 6.2 but had torque converter issues to a 2017 Tundra, then RAN to my GMC dealer when the 2019's came out. 

So far i've got

- Rough Country 2" level kit. Part #1311 is what they said I needed, the magride brackets weren't needed. Installed pretty smoothly

-  Toyo Open Country Extreme AT 2's 33/12.5r22 on stock wheels. I've had no rubbing at all. No trimming of any sort required.

Next up is bakflip cover.  mine will be used for daily driver and moderate off road use, Dove lease, duck, lease, etc. 

IMG_20181001_180611.jpg

Edited by kyleb
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting.  Love the Ultimate, that 6.2 with 10 speed is an awesome truck!  I just traded my 16 5.3 Denali for a 19 5.3 Denali and have been looking for a leveling kit but was told like the prev. gen the mag ride needed a different kit with relocation bracket.  I am going to reach back out to Rough Country.  I am leveling, 20 or 22 inch gloss black wheels with 33s as soon as I can find a kit.   

Rough Country still claims they haven't tested this kit on a Denali per online chat I just had.  I am ready to level mine, would you recommend this kit or to wait?  Obviously will wait if it's riding different but if not I have an aftermarket rep who thinks it should work and will have it installed.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if you lost the step up function of your running boards when you installed the bigger tires? I’ve noticed that the boards get really close to the tire in the third position. I got my Denali about a month ago still deciding weather I want to go 4in or hold out until a quality 6in comes out.82C545F4-5A45-46A2-BB28-9786279FB640.thumb.jpeg.90142bb1a52bfa8a8888fdd0b34222ed.jpeg 

• 1 month later...

Spenny,

I have a 2019 Denali also.  I am wanting to go with a 4" lift but all the local guys are telling them that they are not out yet.  Do you know of a 4" kit that is ready to be installed on the 2019 Denali Sierra

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 3:56 PM, kyleb said:

Hey Everyone, just wanted to share some info on my 2019 Sierra Denali, so far I LOVE this truck. I went from a 2015 high Country with 6.2 but had torque converter issues to a 2017 Tundra, then RAN to my GMC dealer when the 2019's came out. 

So far i've got

- Rough Country 2" level kit. Part #1311 is what they said I needed, the magride brackets weren't needed. Installed pretty smoothly

-  Toyo Open Country Extreme AT 2's 33/12.5r22 on stock wheels. I've had no rubbing at all. No trimming of any sort required.

Next up is bakflip cover.  mine will be used for daily driver and moderate off road use, Dove lease, duck, lease, etc. 

IMG_20181001_180611.jpg

Kyleb, I have the same Denali Ultimate and you may want to try the GM performance exhaust and cold air intake. The sound is sick and it really wakes up that 6.2L.  I even get better gas mileage, if I keep my foot light. Can’t seem to stay out of the throttle...the sound of that exhaust is amazing. Best part, it quiets down at idle and at cruising speed. Very happy with the truck initially and absolutely love it now with the cat-back and cold air intake. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Great looking  truck!  I have a 19 Denali arriving next week and looking at a leveling kit and same tires. A couple questions if you don’t mind:. Did you notice a ride difference with the 22 in Toyo’s ( buggers are pretty wide!!)? Affect fuel mileage?? Just don’t want regrets , and feed back would be great since you’ve done exactly what I’m wanting to do!

my 6.2 has been getting between 15-17 MPG, but I do mainly city type driving, little highway, and when I do get on the highway I'm doing 80ish. I'm pretty happy with the MPG as it's just a little less than I got with my 2017 Audi Q7 with a V6 in it. 

I was averaging 17 mpg overall before the factory cold air intake and performance exhaust. Now I’m averaging 21 mpg, if I drive gently, with cold air intake and performance exhaust. Guess the performance package got rid of the restrictions. ?‍♂️

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JKD said:

I was averaging 17 mpg overall before the factory cold air intake and performance exhaust. Now I’m averaging 21 mpg, if I drive gently, with cold air intake and performance exhaust. Guess the performance package got rid of the restrictions. ?‍♂️

Good to hear. I have the 6.2 in an AT4 and just ordered a Magnaflow mufler, hoping that is where the restriction is. The catback exhaust seems to have almost the same dimensions with a performance muffler. I plan on buying a cold air intake as well. My MPG is similar to yours so i hope it helps as well as adds HP. Thanks for your post ! 

2 hours ago, BLACK AT4 said:

Good to hear. I have the 6.2 in an AT4 and just ordered a Magnaflow mufler, hoping that is where the restriction is. The catback exhaust seems to have almost the same dimensions with a performance muffler. I plan on buying a cold air intake as well. My MPG is similar to yours so i hope it helps as well as adds HP. Thanks for your post ! 

You’ll likely see an initial drop in mpg until the novelty of the sound of your new exhaust wears off ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2