ordered a 2019--color?

Hey all

Just ordering a 2019 and I really haven't researched it at all.  I figure it's probably pretty much the same as my '16?  Anything I need to know?  What colour do you recommend?  I was going with Summit but just saw White Frost Tricoat . . . .is that a new colour?  Or the one I used to see once in a while--looked a little yellow-tinged?  Stick with the Summit?

Oh, it's a 2500, gas, crew, 4x4, SLE

I have Iridescent Pearl on my Silverado which is the same as White Frost I believe.  I love the color.  It's not the older tricoat that had the yellow tinge.  This is a white that has a grayish pearl to it.  I'd suggest calling around and find a dealer that has a car or truck on the lot with the color.  Once you find one, check it out in different lighting conditions if you can.  In bright sunlight, it almost looks silver, "normal" subdued lighting it's white and then in dim/night lighting, it takes on this ghostly white/gray sheen.  Pictures really don't do it justice.  

One other comment I'll add.  The tricoats will be a pain to try to repair chips or scratches.  Since I have paint matching bumper, headlights, mirror caps, etc. I had the whole front end, mirror caps, 12" of hood, fronts of fenders, A columns, 8" of the roof and my rear rockers covered with Xpel paint protection film.  Ran me about $1K but it will hopefully protect all of those areas that are prone to chipping.

Edited by colonel00

It's black, but with a ton of metallic.  So when the sun hits it has quite a bit of fleck.  Look closely at the front corner of bumper.  You are still going to have to wash it.  Point is it was another color choice for 2019.  

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 7.11.33 PM.png

• Like 2

On 10/16/2018 at 9:28 AM, crazydog said:

Thanks!  Dealer just got back to me and told me it's almost 2 grand for the colour, so I'll just stick with Summit, :)

He is exaggerating....

White Frost Tricoat $995 us

Ebony Twilight Metallic $395 us
Edited by elcamino

this is my first dark colored truck, always had white before.  Really miss the White, I probably spend an extra $100-150 a month at the car wash now... Hate a dirty truck.  On the plus side I've made good friends with the car wash people.

truck%20with%20deck3_zpsph4g12hw.jpg