Gauges Flashing/Engine Dropping power

I have a 2014 GMC sierra with the 5.3L and 75k miles. Today while going 45 mph, I went to pass a car.  When the peddle was depressed all the way the engine cut out, all the gauges started flashing, then shut off.  This included the media center screen, the center gauge screen, the check engine, brake, ABS, and Traction warning lights all come on and go right off. The center screen gives me a quick stabilitrak warning and steering assist warning.  The other thing that happens in a lot a loud clicking in the gauge cluster.  The engine also looses all power, feels like it just shuts off.  When everything comes back on all the warnings go away and everything is normal, this only takes a few seconds to go back to normal.  I can recreate this whenever I press the peddle down all the way. I have uploaded a picture and have a video but I can get that yo upload. 

Has anyone had this issue or have any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting?

Truck Gauges.JPG

Edited by Jeff0325

This seems to be an electrical problem.

Check the battery voltage and the battery ground cable.

On these trucks I'm pretty sure the ground cable had issues and needed to be replaced.

:)

1 hour ago, Jeff0325 said:

I have a 2014 GMC sierra with the 5.3L and 75k miles. Today while going 45 mph, I went to pass a car.  When the peddle was depressed all the way the engine cut out, all the gauges started flashing, then shut off.  This included the media center screen, the center gauge screen, the check engine, brake, ABS, and Traction warning lights all come on and go right off. The center screen gives me a quick stabilitrak warning and steering assist warning.  The other thing that happens in a lot a loud clicking in the gauge cluster.  The engine also looses all power, feels like it just shuts off.  When everything comes back on all the warnings go away and everything is normal, this only takes a few seconds to go back to normal.  I can recreate this whenever I press the peddle down all the way. I have uploaded a picture and have a video but I can get that yo upload. 

Has anyone had this issue or have any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting?

Truck Gauges.JPG

Hi, Jeff0325. We understand how important it is for you to have a positive ownership experience with your Sierra. If you’re considering visiting your servicing GM dealership, we would be happy to work alongside them, to determine the root cause of your vehicle concern. We hope to hear from you soon.

Anthony J.

6 minutes ago, dougwtx said:

When I had my 2015 Sierra and a body lift installed, mine did the same thing.  When the dealership diagnosed it, they discovered one of the ground straps not properly connected.  

Good point.

:)

I will look at the grounding on the truck.  It just seems weird that it would cause the engine to cut out as well.  Thats not a good feeling when you pull out to pass someone and your engine stops producing power.  I cut the video down so you can see a quick snap shot of what it was doing.VUVR7329[1].MOV

The engine ground or Engine Control Module could be the problem. The ECM sends data to the instrument panel. The fact it’s reproducible when the pedal goes to the floor is useful info. This document will be useful in helping you find the circuit that interacts with the pedal, engine and instrument cluster. http:// https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/474/2014%20BBM%20Electrical%20section_10_18_2013_WIP.pdf