Good morning...as I started my truck this morning all seemed to be fine...and then I started getting an alert tone of some kind...it almost sounded like the seat belt tone (but nothing flashing on the dash info center).  So I unclicked and clicked my seat belt...still the tone would beep every couple seconds...I thought this was going to be a long drive to work...but by the time I got out of my neighborhood, it stopped beeping...

This isn't the first time this has happened...but didn't think much of it last time...did a search on the forum, and I couldn't really find much...any help is appreciated.

My 14 does the same thing.  I have weird beeps, a strange static noise that come out of my speakers when I open the door, and a backup camera that likes to stay on when the truck is in Drive.  These three things are intermittent but have been going on for the last 4 years.  The joys of buying an early build of a brand new design truck!  I have an 18 base model as my take home company truck and it has none of these issues.

Edited by tnchevy

23 hours ago, tnchevy said:

My 14 does the same thing.  I have weird beeps, a strange static noise that come out of my speakers when I open the door, and a backup camera that likes to stay on when the truck is in Drive.  These three things are intermittent but have been going on for the last 4 years.  The joys of buying an early build of a brand new design truck!  I have an 18 base model as my take home company truck and it has none of these issues.

so mine is a 16...i would have hoped they could have worked the majority of these bugs out by then...I have been a loyal chevy guy for years...and only time will tell, but this is my nicest truck i have had, but it is also the truck i have the least amount of confidence in going long term...i feel the electronics could crap out at any time...  hope not though...

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 8:20 AM, spenpet said:

Good morning...as I started my truck this morning all seemed to be fine...and then I started getting an alert tone of some kind...it almost sounded like the seat belt tone (but nothing flashing on the dash info center).  So I unclicked and clicked my seat belt...still the tone would beep every couple seconds...I thought this was going to be a long drive to work...but by the time I got out of my neighborhood, it stopped beeping...

This isn't the first time this has happened...but didn't think much of it last time...did a search on the forum, and I couldn't really find much...any help is appreciated.

Hi, Pete. I hope you are enjoying your Silverado Midnight Edition. Have you addressed this beeping noise with your servicing GM dealership? I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon with an update. 

Anthony J.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:39 AM, tnchevy said:

It's not just early-build trucks, my 2015.5 does the same thing (mainly the static from the speakers).  I've had it to the dealer a bunch of times but since it's random they can't duplicate it.  I have been living with it for 2 years now and hope it doesn't get worse!

My 14 has tons of pops, cracks, rattles, etc that have been there within a year of when I bought my 14.  Some I have remedied on my own, some the dealer fixed under warranty, others I just live with.  My 18 work truck that I have had for 6 months now has now creeking and popping sounds yet, again I will never buy a first year model of anything again.  It didn't help that my 14 is just not a new year model but that is was made in the first month of production!

On 10/26/2018 at 9:13 AM, GMCustomerService said:

Hi, Pete. I hope you are enjoying your Silverado Midnight Edition. Have you addressed this beeping noise with your servicing GM dealership? I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon with an update. 

Anthony J.

Every time I have taken my vehicles in to a dealership and the 'check something' light wasn't one, they would say they couldn't repeat the issue...so I am not going to take it in just for the random beeps...However, I do have my check engine light on, which I believe is a bad injector due to the code and other items I've addressed...so I will ask and see what they say about it.

12 hours ago, Centex14 said:

Mine just did the random beep with no indicator this weekend. Sounded just like the seat belt warning. Hadn’t even touched the brake to shift out of park yet and it was beeping at me.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

yep...that's it...except when it happens to me, I am wearing my seat belt...I will unbuckle and then buckle it back , but that doesn't seem to help...good times.

• 3 months later...

My 2015 just started doing this a week ago.  I do have a lot of weight on my passenger seat which may be triggering something but I thought that usually displays the seatbelt icon for that issue.   Strange though, no dash lights when it chimes,   Just randomly happening while driving.

Look up at the overhead display when that happens, see if it's telling you the passenger isn't buckled.  My wife's 2016 CTS freaks out if I plug my phone in to charge in her car and lay it in the passenger seat, it somehow detects it and sets off the alarm.  As soon as I pick it up it quits.

my 2014 the chime starts when i open the door as if the key was in the ignition but it is in my hand i put the key in and it stops and some mornings i go out to the truck and the chime is going off and the truck is still locked

Edited by silveradosid