2015 Sierra leaking sunroof

So this truck has been nothing but problems since the day i bought it. First the shark fin antenna was leaking so i replaced it then the back window exploded for no apparent reason and the most recent issue is the sunroof leaking. Called gm and complained didnt hear much till i told them it smelled like mold inside the truck. They had me bring it into the local dealership for a leak test. Dealer said the shark fin and the sunroof seal was bad. Now i know the shark fin wasnt leaking. I replaced it myself and ran silicone around the inside tested it and it was fine but whatever if gm gonna pay for it then replace it. They did the repairs said they water tested it again and it was good. They cleaned the staining on the headliner and deodorizer it. Seemed to be ok now less the amonth after the repair i get in the truck today after an inch of rain and the passenger side headliner is soaked. I really love the truck but hate all the problems. Ive read that you should never buy a gm truck with a sunroof. It seems like there no fixing the sunroof. Wish i seen that before i bought the truck. 

818E3549-993A-4282-AD9D-A4771951B662.jpeg

15 minutes ago, catpartsman said:

Sorry for your troubles.

This is why I never buy a vehicle, that I’m going to keep outside of warranty, with a sunroof. While they are nice to have at times, they are a leak point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i really didnt think of that. Had a pathfinder that was ten years old with a sunroof never had a leak. Guess when you pay all that money you think your getting a quality product. 

I say it every time. Call the local GM rep. Email over your info. He will pull the dealer service invoices and it will be taken care of. Their job to smooth over the issues of all 3 parties. They have so much power it is stupid. I have seen everything from free loaners,checks,buy backs, to just work approval.
That said I have seen people take a car in under warranty and very shady and unsafe "repairs" are done because the warranty was close to over or the dealer didnt think they would be paid to fix it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I say it every time. Call the local GM rep. Email over your info. He will pull the dealer service invoices and it will be taken care of. Their job to smooth over the issues of all 3 parties. They have so much power it is stupid. I have seen everything from free loaners,checks,buy backs, to just work approval.
That said I have seen people take a car in under warranty and very shady and unsafe "repairs" are done because the warranty was close to over or the dealer didnt think they would be paid to fix it.

Ive called gm customer service and gm agreed to cover the costs of the repair but they said its a one time fix. Now less then a month later its doing tge samething. Just hope gm or the dealer stands behind and fixes the problem because apparently the repair wasnt the fix. How would i find out who my local gm rep is?

Ive called gm customer service and gm agreed to cover the costs of the repair but they said its a one time fix. Now less then a month later its doing tge samething. Just hope gm or the dealer stands behind and fixes the problem because apparently the repair wasnt the fix. How would i find out who my local gm rep is?
Yeah customer service is more of a call line to make people happy. The rep is the local area go to. The buck stops with rep, well there is people higher but they will all say talk to the rep or they will forward it to the rep. The dealer should or any local dealer should be happy to give you the reps info. Or customer service. Everyone at a dealer should know.
The rep wants to keep the dealer happy but can authorize gm to pay. And if GM pays dealer they are happy and you are happy.
I would want new headliner and sunroof adjusted and seal. But the drains also should be looked at. A leak shouldn't matter as the drains should carry all water away.

4 hours ago, 2017Darkness said:

Did they say anything about the drains? I see trees in your picture...GM sunroof drains are notorious for collecting sh*t...Just wondering if they cleaned them, seals aren't usually the problem.

I checked them and the dealer checked them. The sunroof hasnt been opened since the repair. 

I checked them and the dealer checked them. The sunroof hasnt been opened since the repair. 
Should run a wire or fish line through the drain line till it is out the bottom of the truck. But something sound way off never heard of the roof being so bad. A new seal works 99.9% of the time.

Yea I would check the drains there is 4 one on each corner. I know they said they checked but just saying lol. That’s a lot of water even if it gets past the gasket which it’s not a 100% water tight that’s why there is a gutter with drains. I say a drain is def clogged. Try compressed air to that will work.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2018 at 10:06 AM, Jaychevy81 said:

Yea I would check the drains there is 4 one on each corner. I know they said they checked but just saying lol. That’s a lot of water even if it gets past the gasket which it’s not a 100% water tight that’s why there is a gutter with drains. I say a drain is def clogged. Try compressed air to that will work.

I checked them. I check them every time this happens.