Rear parking issue

37 minutes ago, JacobC1983 said:

When you put your truck in reverse do your rear parking sensors go off when there is nothing in the way? Seems to happen to me every time I back up my driveway. 

No, my sensors stays off until the sensors detect something and the seats vibrate and display indicates a distance warning.

Edited by DougFL
correction

4 hours ago, JacobC1983 said:

When you put your truck in reverse do your rear parking sensors go off when there is nothing in the way? Seems to happen to me every time I back up my driveway. 

I don’t have sensors, but my backup camera acts up if I put it in reverse too fast. So far I was to,d the fis is to not shift into reverse as quick, because the CPU needs to boot. It could be associated with the sensors as well. 

I have narrowed it down to lines that are  perpendicular from the car... like moving backwards towards concrete sections in the driveway sets it off.  I backed up down a whole street that was blacktop and didn’t get a peep from the sensors, but I back up my driveway that has concrete and has the sectioned areas (kind of hard to explain) and it sets it off every time.  Happens in both my driveway and my parents. We both and concrete sections on our driveway and the truck rear sensors give a warning and the seat vibrates every time.

Edited by JacobC1983

On 11/17/2018 at 10:40 PM, JacobC1983 said:

There we go.  See the driveway sections.  The horizontal ones like to freak out the sensors for some reason.

BD9CFA03-9CB0-44A3-B4C2-5E49098DE386.jpeg

Those kinds of lines / breaks in the driveway freak out my '18 Yukon Denali as well.

Edited by Mad Maxx

On 11/17/2018 at 9:30 PM, JacobC1983 said:

my driveway that has concrete and has the sectioned areas (kind of hard to explain) and it sets it off every time. 

Contraction/Expansion Joints :thumbs: