Another AFM disabler question

Has it been determined which afm (Range or Diablo) is best? I've read that one is can be updated online and the other needs to be sent in. I don't want to mess with a tune just yet as I purchased the extended bumper to bumper warranty and don't want any crap from the dealer. 

I have the Diablo Intune3 with a custom tune by Lew. www.diablewtune.com I would suggest going this route. I have an extended warranty on my truck as well and as long as I remove the tune before taking it into the dealer, there are no issues. No watermarking or anything on the BCM. For the price of the Diablo tuner with canned tunes and the price of the AFM disabled, your better off spending the hundred or so more and having something you can truly enjoy.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Personally I have had many gm cars tried a Diablo intune and did not get near the results I got with a good tuner on HPTuners.

I had the AFM deleted out of my Yukon Denali from my GM tuner a few years back and he lengthened some shift points and just gave it a mild tune and it was a few hundred and it does nothing to warranty.

I've had some Corvettes and CTS-V's making 600+ whp on boost and he tuned all of these as well.

My two cents move people are happy with these handheld tuners even the send it in and he adjusts it a bit then sends it back but I personally did my first CTS-V with bolt on with this handheld then eventually found a quality tuner and it was night and day difference I got rid of the Diablo and will not look back, also the tuner is quicker and cheaper .

I'm probably taking my new Sierra to him within the next few months just to delete AFM and take care of a quick tune.

Nick

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

No love for stand alone afm disabler? I would like a tuner eventually but just not ready yet. I drive most of the time in m5 around town and its great. Just wish it wouldn't kick in to v4 while in 6th.

No love for stand alone afm disabler? I would like a tuner eventually but just not ready yet. I drive most of the time in m5 around town and its great. Just wish it wouldn't kick in to v4 while in 6th.

I use a Range disabler.
No complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

this a handheld as well?.. 
They have a few now but it is a cable and small box. Hook up to laptop and it unlocks the whole truck. Anything and everything is yours from tires,gears,dtc/ses, fuel tables, and trans. It is what all the high end tune shops use. And you can also log all truck sensors and controls in it. Save files share and write to truck. The world is all yours.
Add some small mods and you can upload a new tune and enjoy.
Far to many people on these forums with issues and codes, when they could control and fix it all. It is a must for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1