LED lights for truck bed

Hey everyone,

Have a 2017 Silverado LTZ Z71 with a 6 ft bed.  I'm looking to purchase LED lights for the bed of the truck.  I want something that I can hook to the cargo light switch up front, wire through the bed (dont want exposed wires) for a nice clean/OEM look, and that will be bright.  

Does anyone have any ideas of good kits that fit what I'm looking for?  Thanks in advance! :)

You care to share that little step?
Diode 1N4004 put into those slots. The diode are cheap, but I bought them online. So I ended up with 50 of them... I paid 5.99 for the pack of diodes, and I use that more then anything else!

Getting anything out of the bed, tap the unlock button and they light up for 30 sec. Takes longer to unload, tap the button again. Or of course you can go hit the switch in the cab, but then you got to turn it back off.

Diodes
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CDCTZ8R?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Bed lights
Megulla Truck Bed Light Strips, LED Truck Bed Lighting Kit with On/Off Switch and Fuse -Super Bright LED, IP67 Waterproof -for Trucks, Trailers, Pickups, RVs, Vans and Cargos (Cool White, 6000K) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711FYXSM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_EYrfCbBDYTBZ2

Cargo light bulbs
Yorkim 194 LED Bulbs Xenon White 6000k Super Bright Newest 5th Generation, T10 LED Bulbs, 168 LED Bulb, LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights W5W 2825, Pack of 10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRE38EA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8VrfCbBBKC0BP

Reverse light bulbs
Rayhoo 2pcs 1000 lumens Extremely Bright Canbus Error Free 921 912 T10 T15 AK-4014 45pcs Chipsets LED Bulbs Only for Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White 6000K https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EJKIUP8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_bXrfCbN8ZBFJWbc35d91c056a2cd6f20bb59779576af4.jpg

And as always... Enjoy your ride!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, xMEATxHAMMERx said:

Diode 1N4004 put into those slots. The diode are cheap, but I bought them online. So I ended up with 50 of them... I paid 5.99 for the pack of diodes, and I use that more then anything else!

Getting anything out of the bed, tap the unlock button and they light up for 30 sec. Takes longer to unload, tap the button again. Or of course you can go hit the switch in the cab, but then you got to turn it back off.

Diodes
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CDCTZ8R?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Bed lights
Megulla Truck Bed Light Strips, LED Truck Bed Lighting Kit with On/Off Switch and Fuse -Super Bright LED, IP67 Waterproof -for Trucks, Trailers, Pickups, RVs, Vans and Cargos (Cool White, 6000K) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711FYXSM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_EYrfCbBDYTBZ2

Cargo light bulbs
Yorkim 194 LED Bulbs Xenon White 6000k Super Bright Newest 5th Generation, T10 LED Bulbs, 168 LED Bulb, LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights W5W 2825, Pack of 10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRE38EA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8VrfCbBBKC0BP

Reverse light bulbs
Rayhoo 2pcs 1000 lumens Extremely Bright Canbus Error Free 921 912 T10 T15 AK-4014 45pcs Chipsets LED Bulbs Only for Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White 6000K https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EJKIUP8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_bXrfCbN8ZBFJWbc35d91c056a2cd6f20bb59779576af4.jpg

Thank you, I just ordered 50 myself lol...had a $5.95 balance on a Amazon gift card so a whopping $.04 for them! Appreciate the picture too. Where is this electrical box located? 

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

Thank you, I just ordered 50 myself lol...had a $5.95 balance on a Amazon gift card so a whopping $.04 for them! Appreciate the picture too. Where is this electrical box located? 
No box, look under the dash by the gas pedal. The plugs are there.

A side note, it can be a little tricky and may take a few tries to get the diode seated correctly. Pay attention to the direction of the diode, and don't unplug the connectors! I unplugged mine to get a better view and to make it easier. It required a trip to the dealer to reset the BCM to clear a code.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, xMEATxHAMMERx said:

A side note, it can be a little tricky and may take a few tries to get the diode seated correctly. Pay attention to the direction of the diode, and don't unplug the connectors! I unplugged mine to get a better view and to make it easier. It required a trip to the dealer to reset the BCM to clear a code.

THANK YOU!!! I’m not the skinniest guy and would have done just that...appreciate all the help ? ? 

• Like 1

The above posts are all great ideas.

If the OP really wants plug-and-play though he could just buy the OEM ones.  They are always on sale on ebay.  You just plug them into the junction box that is located between the rear bumper and the spare tire.

On 12/15/2018 at 10:19 AM, xMEATxHAMMERx said:

I must be doing something wrong but I’m still recovering from right knee surgery so my fun meter pegged fairly quickly. The diode wire went in too easy so I have to assume it didn’t seat properly and went right on through, I did make sure it was facing the right way (“top” colored band towards the pink connector away from the brown) the other end of the diode wire went in too easy on both connectors so I’m not seating it properly. I did try to ops check it just in case I somehow got lucky but it did not work so I’ll re-attack when off the crutches. 

• Like 1

I must be doing something wrong but I’m still recovering from right knee surgery so my fun meter pegged fairly quickly. The diode wire went in too easy so I have to assume it didn’t seat properly and went right on through, I did make sure it was facing the right way (“top” colored band towards the pink connector away from the brown) the other end of the diode wire went in too easy on both connectors so I’m not seating it properly. I did try to ops check it just in case I somehow got lucky but it did not work so I’ll re-attack when off the crutches. 
It might take a few tries to get it in all the way. The easiest way to test it is to start the truck, then shift into reverse. If the light on the cargo light button comes on, you are good.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, xMEATxHAMMERx said:

It might take a few tries to get it in all the way. The easiest way to test it is to start the truck, then shift into reverse. If the light on the cargo light button comes on, you are good.

Must be the Lortab ? I tried to just hit the unlock on my fob, I thought if I had it right they would come on for 30 seconds. I’m gonna have to re-read the thread again lol. The other thing is when I put the wire into the brown connector it went right on in as if nothing was there, thought hummm, then I bent the other end and put it in the pink connector side and it too went right on in with absolutely no resistance. I’m sure you’re chuckling, picturing a heavy old man upside down and sideways, cell phone in hand, with a slight buzz attempting this task! I’m laughter myself right now ?

• Like 1