Messaging App

I have a 2019 Silverado High Country and the voice in the text messaging app seems to cut the first part of the message off.  There's a delay between the time you press the "play" button and the time the voice starts to read it and by then the first word or two is cut off.  Is there a setting somewhere in the app that lets you adjust this delay?  I'm using an Apple iPhone 7 plus.  Also, am I suppose to see the text in the DIC?  And also, I cant dictate or write a reply to a text.  Am I supposed to be able to?  Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I have a 2019 High Country and about 3 weeks ago my messaging app disappeared.  Has anyone else had this issue?  If so is there a way to correct it?  The messaging app was working fine for the 1st four months I had the truck.  I have taken it to 2 dealers and they have been no help.

10 hours ago, mwharkn said:

I have a 2019 High Country and about 3 weeks ago my messaging app disappeared.  Has anyone else had this issue?  If so is there a way to correct it?  The messaging app was working fine for the 1st four months I had the truck.  I have taken it to 2 dealers and they have been no help.

Mwharkin, I had the same thing happen to my High Country. The message app disappeared from my Apps Screen and Listing. So I contacted GM and got this response back....

"To offer Members like you the most innovative experience we can, we routinely evaluate our services and make changes to ensure you’re getting the very best from your Chevrolet vehicle. In that spirit, we have decided to remove the Messages app from the Chevrolet app shop. Members may utilize phone projection and voice assistants as an alternative means to continue to meet their messaging needs while in the vehicle. However, Chevrolet urges all customers to prioritize safety and minimize driver distraction.

Having said that, since you are a user of this app and a loyal customer we have added the app back to your shop app for a one time download again.  Please let me know once you have download the app and it is working as it did before.  After this, you will not be able to download the app again for any of your profiles or future vehicles."

I downloaded it and configured it and a couple of days later it disappeared from my Apps Listing which prevents me from downloading it for other users or myself if it ever disappears again.

I found someone thru the news media that was the head of Onstar Infotainment Systems at GM. Took a guess at his email and made contact.

I believe GM moved or let the individual go because I have had no contact with him since. But Onstar had no idea at that time how to take care of the problem even

after being passed up to the next level of service. That level of service is a joke since they rarely called me back and if they did, they only called once and that was it.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

I am getting the same run around.  You would think spending almost 70k for a truck that it would have the same basic text capabilities as most vehicles costing 1/3rd.  Because I had the feature when I purchased the vehicle and they were able to remove it without my consent, seems almost like bait and switch.  I am not sure what recourse, if any, I have, but I will continue to try and get a resolution to this.  I think GMs first mistake was thinking they were a software company.  maybe they should leave APP design and creation to the professionals and open up their APP store like Google.  Thanks again for your response. 

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:45 AM, Rocz3cqg said:

Mwharkin, I had the same thing happen to my High Country. The message app disappeared from my Apps Screen and Listing. So I contacted GM and got this response back....

"To offer Members like you the most innovative experience we can, we routinely evaluate our services and make changes to ensure you’re getting the very best from your Chevrolet vehicle. In that spirit, we have decided to remove the Messages app from the Chevrolet app shop. Members may utilize phone projection and voice assistants as an alternative means to continue to meet their messaging needs while in the vehicle. However, Chevrolet urges all customers to prioritize safety and minimize driver distraction.

Having said that, since you are a user of this app and a loyal customer we have added the app back to your shop app for a one time download again.  Please let me know once you have download the app and it is working as it did before.  After this, you will not be able to download the app again for any of your profiles or future vehicles."

I downloaded it and configured it and a couple of days later it disappeared from my Apps Listing which prevents me from downloading it for other users or myself if it ever disappears again.

Well for those interested, I had the message app working on two profiles. [The message app is not available from the Apps screen because GM wants the users to use Carplay or Android Auto]. Anyhow the message app disappeared from one of my profiles [Vehicle said profile not found]. I tried logging in with that profile and the end result was the radio stations were gone, Marketplace app was gone along with the TWC and Message App. Since the radio will hold at least 4 profiles and download from the cloud any other profiles not included in the 4 onboard profiles, my cloud profile should have had those settings correct. [Radio settings at least]. I assume GM is reaching out and doing some type of access work on vehicle systems that they should not be. So for those of you that still have the message app, watch for anything strange.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

It sucks for what we paid for these trucks they should have left the messaging app on there. Mine deleted the whole profile for the third time and I lost the messaging app so now I don't Bluetooth my phone any more. So no more hands free operation.

5 hours ago, Clay00024 said:

It sucks for what we paid for these trucks they should have left the messaging app on there. Mine deleted the whole profile for the third time and I lost the messaging app so now I don't Bluetooth my phone any more. So no more hands free operation.

It happen to me 4/10 Clay. Lost my profile along with the Messenger, Marketplace and Weather App. I logged back in using my user id and password and the profile which is suppose to be saved on the radio [Max 4] or the cloud [unlimited profiles] allowed me to be logged in. I did not have to create it again is what I am saying. My Favorites and those 3 Apps were gone. My Wife's profile was fine and it contained those Apps still. Since the Message App is no longer available in the Apps Store for download, we are outta of luck for using it on our profile. I called Onstar and started a case with Tech Support. That will not go far with my experience. GM had said a couple of months ago that the message app would no longer be supported. I replied back to them that the app was there when I bought the truck and it should be there as long as I choose to use it. I had lost it before [same circumstances]  and they allowed me to download it once. Well obviously GM has been tinkering around our profiles. I was just waiting for someone else to say something about this occurrence. So I sent a request to Mr. Engle [Exec VP and President of the Americas GM] for retrieval of the message app. I guess I wait for a response [if I get one] from GM or Onstar.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

Who said it was part of the Marketplace App? That is funny. I got a response from the Chevrolet Executive Resolution Team [Cristin], and she was looking into the problem. This came after sending an email to GM and that Executive sending a request to the Resolution Center.

Edited by Rocz3cqg