Messaging App

Got my message app from GM today, took a week from the time I sent the email to the email address listed in this thread. Thanks to those who did the research. Thats what this forum is all about. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent an email to Execreferral, and described the issue in detail. They want me to take my truck to a the dealer... Here's the emails I received. 

The dealership would need to diagnose the concern on your vehicle (if that has not already occurred), and they can be reached at XXX-XXX-XXXX

We would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns and we can be reached at the number listed below if further assistance is needed. 

Sincerely,

Eric
Chevrolet Executive Resolution Liaison
Phone: 855-880-1500 extension: 5921792

Eric,

Please see the two attached websites regarding this issue. They describe it in detail. gmauthority.com clearly spells out the issue that I am having, GM silently removed the app. What is there to diagnose? I doubt the dealership has ability to re-push the messaging app to my vehicle. Owners on gmtrucks.com were able to have Chevrolet Executive Resolution re-enable the app without a trip to the dealership.

We want to tell you that we have forwarded the information you sent to us about the programming in the vehicle to the dealer, and are asking them to reach you.    Also you can contact them at 952-873-2234, as then are aware of your concern. 

We would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns and we can be reached at the number listed below if further assistance is needed. 

Sincerely,

Eric
Chevrolet Executive Resolution Liaison
Phone: 855-880-1500 extension: 5921792

Does anyone have any additional contact info for someone at GM who was able to resolve this issue? Instead of just telling me to go the dealer.

Received a call this am from GM telling me messages has been restored to my truck.
I'm happy now.
Thanks to this forum and the individual that posted the email address!!
35c9e5f4aa311fb77330f95a4190c81d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 8:52 AM, hd.brown77 said:

Received a call this am from GM telling me messages has been restored to my truck.
I'm happy now.
Thanks to this forum and the individual that posted the email address!!
35c9e5f4aa311fb77330f95a4190c81d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Do you remember who you spoke with? It definitely must not have been the Eric, the guy I've been talking to. 

Here's the email I sent to [email protected] 

Two days later I received a phone call stating the app was put back on my truck.

I don't remember the name of the lady who called me back.

Good luck guys!

Hello. I recently purchased a 2019 GMC Sierra AT4 and traded in a 2016 Silverado Z71 which I also purchased new.
I'm shocked and very disappointed that the one feature of my 2016 I used the most, the messaging app, is not included on my new GMC.
I relied heavily on this app as I communicate with my employees via text and having my incoming texts read aloud and the ability to respond by voice using my android google assistant was the one feature I used the most.

I'm writing this email to request it be added back to my truck.
My VIN is XXXXX
I know this can be done as numerous people on gm-trucks.com forum has been discussing the app being added on a per request basis.

I understand I can use android auto but that requires my phone to be tethered and that does not work for me as I'm in and out of my vehicle a lot.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to my request being fulfilled.

Well I emailed them to restore my messaging app, I received a call from GM 4 days later asking what I was requesting and why, I answered their questions and they said they’d forward my request to that department. Today I got a message on the infotainment system that there was an update available, I accepted and walked away. I got back in the truck tonight and found I now have the messaging app back but I’m still on 805.1. I guess the update was only for the messaging app. Oh well, I have it back. Thanks to all who provided the information to get it back. 

30 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Well I emailed them to restore my messaging app, I received a call from GM 4 days later asking what I was requesting and why, I answered their questions and they said they’d forward my request to that department. Today I got a message on the infotainment system that there was an update available, I accepted and walked away. I got back in the truck tonight and found I now have the messaging app back but I’m still on 805.1. I guess the update was only for the messaging app. Oh well, I have it back. Thanks to all who provided the information to get it back. 

805.1 is the newest update. You’re all good!

I emailed about mine and got a call from GM and they told me to take it to the dealer to see about having it done.  I explained to them that I had taken it to the dealer on an Onstar problem and they were unable to help me, and it took me 3 weeks on my own to resolve it.  She took dealers name and she said she would look into it.  About 4 days later she  called me back and told me they had restored the message app to my truck.   Took a little longer it seems, but I got it and thanks to the forum.

There is a new update that wants to install on my 2019 GMC Denali. I am concerned that installing this 'update' will once again remove my messaging app. I contacted GM at the number I previously got from this forum. To say they were unhelpful would be a gross understatement. In the past they were extremely apologetic and restored the messaging app and gave me 3 months of WiFi for my inconvenience. This latest batch of representatives were rude and actually hung up on me. They stated that installing the newest update would probably again remove the messaging app and I would have to plug my phone in and use the Android Car Play. I asked to talk to a manager or someone else but was summarily dismissed. GM seems to be going out of it's way to alienate it's loyal customers. STILL an Unhappy Denali owner.

10 minutes ago, Unhappy GMC Denali guy said:

There is a new update that wants to install on my 2019 GMC Denali. I am concerned that installing this 'update' will once again remove my messaging app. I contacted GM at the number I previously got from this forum. To say they were unhelpful would be a gross understatement. In the past they were extremely apologetic and restored the messaging app and gave me 3 months of WiFi for my inconvenience. This latest batch of representatives were rude and actually hung up on me. They stated that installing the newest update would probably again remove the messaging app and I would have to plug my phone in and use the Android Car Play. I asked to talk to a manager or someone else but was summarily dismissed. GM seems to be going out of it's way to alienate it's loyal customers. STILL an Unhappy Denali owner.

Updating to 805.1 did not uninstall my Message App. If the app disappears, just email the folks on the email listed above and explain the situation.

Purchased a 2019 Silverado Z71 All Star Edition on August 13. Emailed the exec email address in this thread. Young lady called and told me she would give me a response by the next 2 days. Next call from her wasn't so nice. She told me they could not push the app to my infotainment unit and there was nothing further she could do. Told me I would have to talk to the dealer. The service department where I bought the truck are rude and unhelpful so I am not going that route. BTW I have the base IOR infotainment system with the 8 inch screen (doesn't seem to be the norm for the IOR). No Apps Icon or user profiles. Very disappointed with the infotainment unit in this truck.