Obd2 splitters

I will be installing amp powersteps plug n play and would like to add a splitter. My question , is there a difference between the amp 76404-01a for around $85 - $165 compared to ones from Amazon  from around $10-$50 . I know the old saying you get what you pay for but  not always. I did find a unbelievable price for the amp powersteps  plug n play at $1169.99 legit site. Thanks

On 12/29/2018 at 2:21 PM, Fullthrottletwo said:

Will all obd2 splitters for the amp powersteps  work like the ones you can buy on Amazon for $15-$50 or do you need to buy the amp brand at $85- $165? Thanks

I have the amp power steps and I also run an edge programmer full time.  I have the splitter installed on my truck.  From first hand experience the cheap 14 dollar ones won’t feed a signal past the original hub.  Don’t ask me why but our trucks hate them.  I’m guessing the signal is feed two way and the battery doesn’t like it.

either my step sister would work or my programmer or nothing.  Bought the cheap one amp has and everything works just fine.

I will be installing amp powersteps plug n play and would like to add a splitter. My question , is there a difference between the amp 76404-01a for around $85 - $165 compared to ones from Amazon  from around $10-$50 . I know the old saying you get what you pay for but  not always. I did find a unbelievable price for the amp powersteps  plug n play at $1169.99 legit site. Thanks
This is what I got for mine. If you don't need 3, they have a 2 splitter version. I found some of them don't have the right power feed to the amp powerstep (ask me how I know, [emoji28]), as they were missing the wire that powerstep used.

OBD 2 16 Pin Y Splitter Extension 1 to 3 Diagnostic Electronic Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V81XG24/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_s6VkCbDJZJNAG

I have one going to my amp powerstep, one to my AFM disabler (modded with an on/off switch, so no need to remove if parked for a while) and the normal one for up front to plug in an ODB II scanner or the Bluetooth ODB receiver for use with torque pro app on my phone.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys, I also have the AFM disabler so the 3 port would needed in my case as well. Not to turn this thread into another topic but since I added the AFM disabler I seem to be getting  only 10.5 - 11mpg. I know it says 17mpg city but I was hoping to get at least 14 mpg . 2016 Silverado LT 1500 double cab. 30,000 miles. I am New to the site so it will take me a bit to get around . I will try to find another thread that is specific to MPG. or if someone can throw a link in to help speed me along. Lots of great info here on GM Trucks with people that walked the mile to get to the solutions and then take the time to translate it into "How to" Many Thanks in advance.

On 12/31/2018 at 11:11 PM, Barman84 said:

I have the amp power steps and I also run an edge programmer full time.  I have the splitter installed on my truck.  From first hand experience the cheap 14 dollar ones won’t feed a signal past the original hub.  Don’t ask me why but our trucks hate them.  I’m guessing the signal is feed two way and the battery doesn’t like it.

either my step sister would work or my programmer or nothing.  Bought the cheap one amp has and everything works just fine.

This.

Also the AMP one mounts directly into the factory bracket under the dash so if a Tech ever needs to plug into the OBD2 port it's just like factory.

This.

Also the AMP one mounts directly into the factory bracket under the dash so if a Tech ever needs to plug into the OBD2 port it's just like factory.

My cheap 3 way mounts to the ODB II port just like factory as well. You have to be careful of which one you get as some don't have the correct wire config to match. That's why I ended up getting the one that I did, which had all the signal/power to work correctly.

I've had mine installed for over a year, no issues. My AFM/AMP Powerstep stays plugged in and my Bluetooth ODB II reader is there most of the time. Everything works with no issues.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk