Center Console Trim Replacement Options

I'm doing the center console swap and want to make a change to the two trim inserts. Right now have the faux woodgrain-ish ones (sorry, don't know exactly what they're called) and was wondering if anyone made anything that would replace them or cover them. I know GM has an option with them plus a lot more; but really just needing to change those two to something black or with flames (ha!).

Thanks.

Edited by TommyTSquared

Best best is to wrap them or paint them. GM doesn’t sell just the trim (you may be able to find them on eBay). GM sells the entire upper tray only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get wrap on ebay any color and finish of vinyl you want.  You can get a roll of it in different lengths.  I'm looking at changing all of mine but not sure which way I want to go.  I have the mahogany wood myself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 7:28 PM, pgamboa said:

Best best is to wrap them or paint them. GM doesn’t sell just the trim (you may be able to find them on eBay). GM sells the entire upper tray only.

Yes, it's the GM Synthesis kit.  Also has the trim for all 4 door as well. 

I got mine for $190, which is a reasonable price for everything you get.  Sold my fake wood crap for $100 after shipping, so $90 to upgrade was money well spent.  As a bonus, the Synthesis kit comes in the superior '14-'15 center console setup (extra USB port and removable cup holders), so you get that upgrade too if you have a '16+ truck.

• Like 1

I got mine for $190, which is a reasonable price for everything you get.  Sold my fake wood crap for $100 after shipping, so $90 to upgrade was money well spent.  As a bonus, the Synthesis kit comes in the superior '14-'15 center console setup (extra USB port and removable cup holders), so you get that upgrade too if you have a '16+ truck.

Do you have a part # to this kit?

1 minute ago, pgamboa said:

Do you have a part # to this kit?

I bought mine from GM Parts Garage for $190.79 shipped to my door.  Their price is about $18 higher now, so may not be the best deal any longer.  I don't recall if they just had it priced lower or if I used a coupon code I found online.

• Like 1

I bought mine from GM Parts Garage for $190.79 shipped to my door.  Their price is about $18 higher now, so may not be the best deal any longer.  I don't recall if they just had it priced lower or if I used a coupon code I found online.

Thanks! Also, just FYI, the triple port USB hub doesn’t support CarPlay/Android Auto is you use that...

28 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

The the 14-15 upper console assembly with removable cupholder doesn't fit the 2016+ consoles "properly" leaving a gap in the inside area at the bottom where the bins are at leaving an unfinished look.

• Like 1

The the 14-15 upper console assembly with removable cupholder doesn't fit the 2016+ consoles "properly" leaving a gap in the inside area at the bottom where the bins are at leaving an unfinished look.

Wait.. so a 14-15 complete upper tray assembly won’t fit on a 16+ console base?

I got my hands on a 14-15 console base, and will use the upper tray to gain removable cup holders. I bought 2 cup holders to have 4 in total.

I will be transfer all the electronics from my 16+ console to have it up to 2016+ specs.

It will physically fit onto it but it won't go all the way down on the inside "walls" where the bin is that is part of the main console base.  If you're running 2 cupholders, it won't be readily noticeable unless you remove them.  If you use a complete 14-15 console but with 16+ electronics, it won't matter obviously

I had the same idea for my 2016 when I bought the kit a while back to replace my tartan trim with synthesis but I personally didn't care for the gap.  It was just a small detail that bugged me and I didn't want to buy a whole new console when I already had one.

Edited by BlkSS
  • Like 1

The upper trim "fits" as in it snaps in place and it is the correct size, but as BLKSS notes the inner wall of the trim leaves a 1/4" -3/8 " gap where it does not touch the inside of the console. There is usually so much important "stuff" in my console that I don't see the gap and It doesn't bother me when I do. The space gained by changing to the moveable cup holder is worth it to me but I can understand how it might distract others.

Edited by Enough
spelling error

If you look at the picture of the upper trim behind the Nagene bottle you can see where it does not come down and meet the "ledge" under it. The upper trim with non moveable cup holder comes down and sits flush with the corner of the "ledge". That's the best I can describe it.5c4a7de21dea0_NalgeneinConsole.thumb.jpg.cc9a8fea85f8acb7de0c611731b73bd0.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Thanks! Also, just FYI, the triple port USB hub doesn’t support CarPlay/Android Auto is you use that...

Incorrect.  I use Android Auto every time I drive my truck and it works perfectly.  I am always connected to the triple plug.

11 hours ago, BlkSS said:

I have noticed no gap on mine.  I keep my cup holder in the back position like it was on the stock setup.

Edit - I decided to drive my truck to work today and gave it a good once over.  I do not see anything gap or unfinished look.

Edited by Nitrousbird
  • Like 1

I have noticed no gap on mine.  I keep my cup holder in the back position like it was on the stock setup.

This is interesting. Every triple USB Hub I’ve tried has never passed CP/AA logic. Also, the retrofit to gain CP/AA calls out for swapping the hub out as well... I’ve got some extra triple hubs i’ve come across over the last several months... if I can get some free time, I’ll test them out.

Thanks for the info!