Adding Fog Lights - Location/Setup Suggestions

I don't have the OEM fog lights, so I'm wanting to add some. Anyone have pictures/suggestions of good locations or setups for adding them? I'm also not particularly interested in a light bar.

I've considered the following:

- Bull-bar/Grill Guard with lights mounted on it

- Buying an OEM bumper with holes for lights and adding aftermarket ones

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TommyTSquared said:

I don't have the OEM fog lights, so I'm wanting to add some. Anyone have pictures/suggestions of good locations or setups for adding them? I'm also not particularly interested in a light bar.

I've considered the following:

- Bull-bar/Grill Guard with lights mounted on it

- Buying an OEM bumper with holes for lights and adding aftermarket ones

If you buy the oem bumper with the holes already cut for the oem fogs, why would you not just do the oem fog lights? I actually think they are the best fog lights I’ve ever had. 

This is assuming you actually want them for the purpose of fog lights, and not off road. If you want off road lights, don’t do oem fogs because they point down. 

Edited by EpicLT
Try to add a picture of fogs.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EpicLT said:

If you buy the oem bumper with the holes already cut for the oem fogs, why would you not just do the oem fog lights? I actually think they are the best fog lights I’ve ever had. 

This is assuming you actually want them for the purpose of fog lights, and not off road. If you want off road lights, don’t do oem fogs because they point down. 

No particular reason not to go OEM other than cost really, I suppose. That said, that's only because I imagine they're quite costly from GM, should they be on par with aftermarket solutions then they'd certainly be an option. Wiring wise, I'm just going to be adding them to a toggle switch inside.

Edited by TommyTSquared

1 hour ago, brholtz02 said:

I removed the tow hooks and mounted some flush mount Rigid lights.  Ran the wire through the firewall and mounted the switch in the overhead.

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

Now this looks good.

It don't look like you plastered them on like some of those hideous light bars.

9 hours ago, brholtz02 said:

I removed the tow hooks and mounted some flush mount Rigid lights.  Ran the wire through the firewall and mounted the switch in the overhead.

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

This does look good.

And speaking of tow hooks, it looks like on the header image (top image of all the trucks) on this site there are lights that are right next to where the tow hooks are. Will do some digging on that, and if anyone has any information on how those are in those pictures that would be appreciated. I'd rather keep the hooks if that's an actual viable option.

Edited by TommyTSquared

16 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Why would you do a toggle switch instead of swapping in a OEM switch with the fog light button?  The OEM switch is cheap.  A toggle switch is ghetto.

Feel free to buy one and send it my way if you're so worried about how it might end up looking.

1 minute ago, Nitrousbird said:

So you can afford a brand new truck but not a $30 switch...

I see subtly is lost on you. Again, if you're worried about how something in my truck will look and have a better option you can provide, feel free to send it my way.

Edited by TommyTSquared

5 hours ago, TommyTSquared said:

This does look good.

And speaking of tow hooks, it looks like on the header image (top image of all the trucks) on this site there are lights that are right next to where the tow hooks are. Will do some digging on that, and if anyone has any information on how those are in those pictures that would be appreciated. I'd rather keep the hooks if that's an actual viable option.

Those are all 2019 trucks in the header image. They share zero panels with our trucks. 

I'm starting to like the tow hook spots the more I think about it. I'd certainly get more use from the lights than the hooks daily. Thanks for that suggestion and pics!

On 1/19/2019 at 8:41 PM, damnthetorpedoes said:

Those are all 2019 trucks in the header image. They share zero panels with our trucks. 

Ha, of course. Back to the drawing board!

On 1/19/2019 at 11:31 PM, EpicLT said:

Somebody selling their oem fogs for 200$ on Facebook group. If you do decide to get the bumper with fog cutouts, you can do that option. 

I think if I went with the OEM cutout bumper, I would probably go with aftermarket ones given the cost of the OEM lights.

Edited by TommyTSquared

I was able to acquire a non-foglight bumper from a work truck for $50. Once I figure out which lights I'm going to go with I'll use that to mount them in, then paint to match. The most difficult part will be to recreate the beveled edge; so I might go a different route and for something more flush perhaps.

Edited by TommyTSquared