Helicopter/vibration noise at 60-80 MPH

aha1987

I know I have posted about this before but I am experiencing a vibration noise that sounds almost like a helicopter at speeds of 60-80 MPH. The noise seems to come and go. After thinking that it might be some vibration noise from the powertrain, I thought I would run my own test by shutting the engine off at 80 MPH and let it coast.... the noise doesn't go away. I would like to think it's the tires (Nitto Trail-grapplers) but I drove another 2019 Silverado with stock tires for several weeks and it made the same noise.

Anyone experiencing the same thing? Ideas?

1 hour ago, Sierra Dan said:

Probably Dynamic Skip Fire technology and the exhaust droning similar to what K2 trucks sound like with the flapper valve removed in the exhaust.

Is your exhaust stock?

It does sound similar to that but I would think that it would quit doing it after shutting the engine off and letting it coast but it still makes the noise.

Yeah it is stock exhaust

I drove my daughters Honda Odyssey recently. We're driving the freeway I'm noticing a shutter come and go. My dad ears perk up and conversations cease I start really paying attention. Sure enough it happens at the same time the Eco light comes. Didn't know they had cylinder deactivation. Wish I did she'd be driving a Toyota. Reminds me of a recent visit to the father in laws. He's a big Honda fan. He's driving a new Honda. He's 87 and had a fairly new odyssey. The cheapskate I know him to be I ask what's up. He explains the oil light would come on half way towards an oil change, a recent development. The Honda service tec told it wasn't all that usual. Why should GM buyers care you ask? Easy, with Hondas reputation for problem free vehicles, if they can't get cylinder deactivation down no one can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Hmmm.

Strange one.

Maybe have your dealer take a peek at it since you are under warranty.

Yeah very strange. I guess that's what ill have to do if it continues. I don't look forward to taking it to the dealer because I'm sure they will either say it's normal or they cant hear it.

Had a noise like this on another vehicle. Turned out to be a loose plastic part under the vehicle that would flap around at hwy speeds. Put the proper clips back on and it went away. Maybe check for anything loose under the truck. 

On 1/25/2019 at 10:53 AM, KARNUT said:

Easy, with Hondas reputation for problem free vehicles, if they can't get cylinder deactivation down no one can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That statement made me laugh. I have seen plenty of Honda's with problems. A honda civic i owned was the worst vehicle i have owned until i bought a 2013 subaru Impreza. Now the Honda is the second worst vehicle i have owned.