What Shocks?

• 4 months later...

I've been trying to find out the same info. i have the same rpo codes as you. I already replaced my rears with the original air shocks. I had one that was leaking pretty bad. I've looked for complete front strut assemblies but most say not for 22" wheels or not for increased capacity which i assume is Z85. thinking I'll just have to buy struts & reuse the front springs. what kind of spring compressor did it require to remove the springs?

Everything I've read said to stay away from complete strut assemblies.

This is what I used to compress the springs:  https://www.autozone.com/loan-a-tools/loaner-strut-spring-compressor/oemtools-27036-macpherson-strut-spring-compressor/555557_0_0

You can rent them for $55 from Autozone and get the money back when you return it.  Or for something like $28 you can buy the same brand on Amazon and not have to worry about returning them.  And you'll have them for future jobs.  I didn't want to wait for it to arrive (even with Amazon Prime) so I just rented so that I could do this job the next day.

Overall, not too bad of a job if you're partially mechanically inclined. 

Edited by cs15dah