Good price for a ‘19 Silverado?

Jorge18

Hi all,

Hopefully I’ll be joining the Silverado family soon!

I’m in the process of negotiating a 2019 Custom Crew Cab short bed 2WD with the convenience package. I’m not financing with GM financial as I’m using PenFed. 

The last number the dealer gave me before I walked out was $37,500 out the door. I’m not sure if that’s a good price or not so I’m asking for opinions.

What do guys think? Can I do better?

1 hour ago, Jorge18 said:

Hi all,

Hopefully I’ll be joining the Silverado family soon!

I’m in the process of negotiating a 2019 Custom Crew Cab short bed 2WD with the convenience package. I’m not financing with GM financial as I’m using PenFed. 

The last number the dealer gave me before I walked out was $37,500 out the door. I’m not sure if that’s a good price or not so I’m asking for opinions.

What do guys think? Can I do better?

I would go to cars.com and search the same truck within 250 miles to see what the lowest advertised prices is.  That is what I would shoot for, do not get duped into add-ons and take the rebate to use GM financial, refinance in 30 days with you credit union.  Usually dealer will ask you to keep finance for 90 days so they get paid.  I typically do because 90 days interest is usually not very much.  I am actually finding 19 Crew 4x4 LT Z71 cheaper than crew customs.  Guessing rebates are higher on the LT Z71 trim.  

• Thanks 1

Not a great deal, sorry.  I bought an LT Z71 Crew cab yesterday MSRP $50,025, final price $40,025 plus $199 doc fee.  No trade, taxes or anything muddying up that number.  That's cash price OTD (20% off MSRP). I imagine later this year it might even be less depending on future incentives.  

Edited by Leevon

17 hours ago, Jorge18 said:

MSRP - $39,295

no trade

7.5% tax

dealer fee is $895

Terrible deal imo, don't walk but run away. You might want to think about financing through gm then just refinance so you get all available rebates. All i know is not even 2 grand off msrp is a laughable offer, clearly that dealer does not want to make a sale if that's the best they can muster!

18 hours ago, Jorge18 said:

MSRP - $39,295

no trade

7.5% tax

dealer fee is $895

Thanks for providing the other numbers. $5k off is not a great deal at the moment across the country. I know in certain regions there are less deals to be had be look around and you will surely find better. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Leevon said:

Not a great deal, sorry.  I bought an LT Z71 Crew cab yesterday MSRP $50,025, final price $40,025 plus $199 doc fee.  No trade, taxes or anything muddying up that number.  That's cash price OTD (20% off MSRP). I imagine later this year it might even be less depending on future incentives.  

Would you mind sharing the dealership? I don't mind flying and driving the truck down to Miami if it means getting a better deal. 

54 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You can also use GM Financing (while internally laughing at their rates) to capture any available incentives and then re-fi with PenFed asap.    

Yes, that’s an option the dealer gave me. Would bring the price down to $36k out the door.