2019 Trail Boss LT brake noise

15 hours ago, JDTech said:

So mine sounds like a city bus at a slow speed brake apply to stopped.  It only does it after I go down a country road.  If I blow the right front caliper out with compressed air it goes away.  I blow it out for less than 10 seconds and it fixes it?

This is certainly not what we like to hear, JDTech.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: JDTech/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone able to fix this brake noise issue?? My 2020 LT Trailboss has suffered from this squealing noise issue since 9,000 miles. It sounds terrible and is quite embarrassing for such a nice new truck, especially with the windows down. The dealership told me they were "unable to recreate the issue / could not hear anything" which was a boldface lie and the brakes appear to be in perfect condition upon my inspection.

Any updates or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

On 12/20/2022 at 12:00 PM, eha133 said:

Anyone able to fix this brake noise issue?? My 2020 LT Trailboss has suffered from this squealing noise issue since 9,000 miles. It sounds terrible and is quite embarrassing for such a nice new truck, especially with the windows down. The dealership told me they were "unable to recreate the issue / could not hear anything" which was a boldface lie and the brakes appear to be in perfect condition upon my inspection.

Any updates or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

This is certainly not what we like to hear, eha133.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 Chevrolet Silverado LT Trail Boss 1500. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: eha133/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. I thought I would put my experience since I had posted last. I did end up changing my brake pads almost 2-3 years ago now. I went with a front and rear set from Power Stop. I do not remember the specific model I went with but it was there most basic set. They have a specific break-in procedure which I followed closely. This completely fixed my problem and I have NEVER had any strange noises from my brakes again. I think that Chevy has used some poor quality pads imho. If you have this problem, I suggest changing the pads. Hope this helps some of you out there. 

• 2 months later...

I'll join in here.  My 2019 RST has about 44k miles on it and I have experienced the brake squealing noise for as long as I can remember.  It seems to come from the rear passenger side, and a loud squeal when slowing down at slow speeds and when coming to a stop (backing up or going forward).  I thankfully don't have the squeal while driving problem that some note here.

Anyway, I too went to the dealer and complained all through my warranty. They gave me the same lines..."its the new brake pad material", "we didn't hear anything" "we couldn't replicate it," and that "all brakes squeal at some point in time. Complete lies and BS, the same response I get when I complain about other things too.  I complained until my 36k warranty went out and well, I guess its now my problem. 

If a new set a pads will fix it, I will put on the new pads...just let me know which ones.  I'll check out the Power Stop.  I assume I don't have to turn the rotors, just expand the calipers and put on new pads...even at 44k? 

18 hours ago, Codeman00 said:

I'll join in here.  My 2019 RST has about 44k miles on it and I have experienced the brake squealing noise for as long as I can remember.  It seems to come from the rear passenger side, and a loud squeal when slowing down at slow speeds and when coming to a stop (backing up or going forward).  I thankfully don't have the squeal while driving problem that some note here.

Anyway, I too went to the dealer and complained all through my warranty. They gave me the same lines..."its the new brake pad material", "we didn't hear anything" "we couldn't replicate it," and that "all brakes squeal at some point in time. Complete lies and BS, the same response I get when I complain about other things too.  I complained until my 36k warranty went out and well, I guess its now my problem. 

If a new set a pads will fix it, I will put on the new pads...just let me know which ones.  I'll check out the Power Stop.  I assume I don't have to turn the rotors, just expand the calipers and put on new pads...even at 44k? 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Codeman00.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2019 Chevrolet Silverado RST. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Codeman00/GM Trucks in the subject line.

www.gm.com

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GMCustomerService said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Codeman00.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2019 Chevrolet Silverado RST. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Codeman00/GM Trucks in the subject line.

www.gm.com

I will definitely write it up and send it to you along with my windshield fogging (Defrost vent leak) issue that the dealer can't seem to fix.   Thank you for responding to my issue.

• 8 months later...
On 2/19/2023 at 8:37 PM, AT99 said:

Hello everyone. I thought I would put my experience since I had posted last. I did end up changing my brake pads almost 2-3 years ago now. I went with a front and rear set from Power Stop. I do not remember the specific model I went with but it was there most basic set. They have a specific break-in procedure which I followed closely. This completely fixed my problem and I have NEVER had any strange noises from my brakes again. I think that Chevy has used some poor quality pads imho. If you have this problem, I suggest changing the pads. Hope this helps some of you out there. 

part numbers from PowerStop ?