2019 Trail Boss LT brake noise

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, Robotaz said:

I’ll bet $100 it’s the caliper pins needing more/different lube. They warm up and it goes away. Classic.

First thing that dealer did from the start was lube calipers with graphite, didn't help, replaced both back rotors, calipers and pads and it steadily got worse. I traded it Friday for a 2020 1500 Duramax, it is no longer my problem, service manager did disclose that they had two other customers complaining about same issue. Sure hope my new one doesn't start doing the same.

First thing that dealer did from the start was lube calipers with graphite, didn't help, replaced both back rotors, calipers and pads and it steadily got worse. I traded it Friday for a 2020 1500 Duramax, it is no longer my problem, service manager did disclose that they had two other customers complaining about same issue. Sure hope my new one doesn't start doing the same.

Mine has stopped with colder temps and less humidity.

Where do you live?

54 minutes ago, Robotaz said:

Mine has stopped with colder temps and less humidity.

Where do you live?

I'm in Kansas so we have just about every kind of weather, mine seems to get worse with colder weather.

• 3 weeks later...

2019 GMC Sierra 1500 X31....Same issue...Took to dealer 3 times, today will be the 4th.  Truck sounds like a Sherman Tank when stopping.  First brake issue was when I noticed the brake pad tracker on the display said brake pads were at 70%....I found that odd for a truck that was barley a month old.  I took to the dealer and they said it was a update issue with the computer.  At that time I brought up the squeaking brakes...The response was "Oh that is nothing, might be a little dirt on the brakes". I disagreed with them and told them to make sure they document it.  Once they handed me the paperwork and it was on there I politely gave it back and said "no, no, document that I cam complaining about squeaking brakes".  They did and I moved on...After complaining two more times I was driving a buddy around and it got to the point where I was so irritated with it I dropped him off and drove straight to the dealer.  This time I had recordings in hand...I know, petty but necessary...I spoke to manager and told him enough is enough...We shall see what happens...I will share what they find sometime later today,

Edited by JoeBur

Im having the same issue with my 2019 AT4.  I have it at the dealership now, ill let you know the outcome.

Update:  The dealership called to  inform me that the brakes are in good condition, and I may just have to live with the squeaking when the brakes are cold.  Long term they believe ceramic brakes may solve the issue, but they could not make any guarantees.

Edited by ATwhatthe4
dealer update

2019 LTZ with 7700 miles been having the same noise for months.  Have had it at dealership multiple times with well we can't duplicate. Just got off the phone with the service manager and said well I guess you need to goggle it because that what I did and there are others with the same brake noise. Also it has a 6.2 and it has a sqeaking noise like a idler pulley bearing when I first start it up. Anyone else have this noise?

Shit is very annoying on a brand new vehicle!

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to stop brake pad squeal is to put copper anti-seize on the back of the pads where they contact the caliper pistons. Modern ceramic brake pads have a tendency to squeal and is common on everything from a brand new 2019 Ram 1500 to a brand new 2019 Porsche Carrera.

• Thanks 1

Hi have same squealing noise not sure which brake it is. But it happens when my Silverado is turned off and parked. when I take off after some time it squeals and a loud sound of dragging or rubbing it’s leasts for a few minutes after I take off even if I’m not pressing on the brakes I took it to a dealer because I got a recall for something and ever since I got it back it’s gotten worse not sure what it is I will be contacting the dealer tomorrow and have it looked at.

Mine does this too....2019 TB, built in July.  I live in Wisconsin and it happens first thing in the morning when backing out of the garage, then it stops.  It’s usually around 20 degrees at its worst, colder mornings seem to have less or no noise. It’s just kind of embarrassing, a beautiful new truck squealing like it does. 

Same problem here on my 2019 Sierra Denali with 5k miles on it.  Early morning backing out of the driveway she squeals like a b*tch, and if im driving under 15 mph and brake she'll squeal too.  This shouldn't be an issue on a 60k+ truck.  I took the front brakes apart cleaned them up greased the pins and anti-seized the pads, helped for a few days but now back to the squealing.  I also have burn marks on the rotors.  Going to the dealership this week to see what they can do.  Thank god the dealer I use is always amazing with stuff like this but I feel its more of a mechanical issue with the brake system seeing how many of you are suffering from the same problem.

Had mine at the dealer on February 22 to have the alignment checked because of abnormal tire wear. I mentioned the brakes are squealing.  They came back and said that the rear rotors are scored and they could resurface them for 150 some dollars. Looked at them when I got home and they looked normal to me. This is the most annoying bs