2019 Trail Boss LT brake noise

HI, am having issues with one of  the brakes on my TB dragging/squalling. Took to dealer and they determined it was the left rear making the noise, said that there was dust on rotors/pads. They decided to change pads on back brakes as a place to start. Had them done last Thursday. Still making noise, the colder it is the louder the noise. When first starting out from setting for a short period of time if you apply slight pressure to brakes it makes it all the time. Starting to get really annoying when I take off from stop sign or parking lot and my new truck makes a god awful noise and everyone turns and stares to see where it is coming from. Called dealer the day after they replaced pads and they basically said that they were waiting on someone else having the same problem and maybe GM would issue a bulletin  on what the fix is. I'm leaning toward a problem with the calipers or rotor but haven't got dealer convinced of that yet. Anyone else having any such problem?

On 2/6/2019 at 8:28 PM, Booger T said:

HI, am having issues with one of  the brakes on my TB dragging/squalling. Took to dealer and they determined it was the left rear making the noise, said that there was dust on rotors/pads. They decided to change pads on back brakes as a place to start. Had them done last Thursday. Still making noise, the colder it is the louder the noise. When first starting out from setting for a short period of time if you apply slight pressure to brakes it makes it all the time. Starting to get really annoying when I take off from stop sign or parking lot and my new truck makes a god awful noise and everyone turns and stares to see where it is coming from. Called dealer the day after they replaced pads and they basically said that they were waiting on someone else having the same problem and maybe GM would issue a bulletin  on what the fix is. I'm leaning toward a problem with the calipers or rotor but haven't got dealer convinced of that yet. Anyone else having any such problem?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Booger T. We're sorry to hear about your Silverado's brakes and we hope this situation can be resolved in a timely manner. Unfortunately, our team doesn't have access to GM bulletins. Your dealership and their technical assistance teams are still in the best position to provide any relevant updates related to your concern. If you have any additional questions feel free to send us a private message.

Anthony J.

• 6 months later...
On 2/11/2019 at 1:47 PM, GMCustomerService said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Booger T. We're sorry to hear about your Silverado's brakes and we hope this situation can be resolved in a timely manner. Unfortunately, our team doesn't have access to GM bulletins. Your dealership and their technical assistance teams are still in the best position to provide any relevant updates related to your concern. If you have any additional questions feel free to send us a private message.

Anthony J.

My brand new 2019 Silverado is having the same issue. Noise from rear wheels/brakes on slow forward motion under 15 mph audible outside only. Sounds like brake squeak or something stuck inside wheel and rubbing. Went under truck nothing is visible or appears to be stuck but noise remains.

• 2 months later...
On 9/5/2019 at 10:40 AM, Trailboss2019 said:

My brand new 2019 Silverado is having the same issue. Noise from rear wheels/brakes on slow forward motion under 15 mph audible outside only. Sounds like brake squeak or something stuck inside wheel and rubbing. Went under truck nothing is visible or appears to be stuck but noise remains.

I am having the same issue

Seems to be cold and possibly moisture related?

I’ve had my RST for 9 months and 6500 miles. My rear brakes just starting with the cheap brake pad noise about 2-3 weeks ago when I noticed there was finally a lot of dew and condensation in the AM. 

Each time, they only wine after the first couple of stops at slow speed. I’m guessing there’s moisture on the rotors? 

My old Silverado did this with rear drums, but that was because I had cheapo pads on them. 

Planning on having my dealer deal with this next time I get an oil change. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a minor “squeal” on my 2019 AT4 when slowing for the security gate at work right after work some nights.  Seems to be only when cold and some moist air.  Never in the mornings when leaving home for work and not every night.  Started at about 4,000 miles.  Most of which are highway miles.  Also have the rapid break wear indicated in the DIC.  Haven’t been to the dealer yet, waiting for first oil change.

Edited by J2Jones

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 7:28 PM, Booger T said:

I am having the same issue and dealer finds nothing!  Very annoying!

• 2 weeks later...

2019 Silverado Trail Boss LT Z71: 9,500 miles

My brakes have been squeaking for a couple of months now.  I finally took it into the dealer yesterday to have them check everything.  To me, it sounds like the noise is coming from the front brakes, but could be wrong.  Either way, they told me the brakes look good.  They said that they have heard about this issue on the 2019 trucks and it's normal in cold weather & condensation on the rotors.  

I agree with the original poster - it's embarrassing when your brand new truck is making annoying squeaking noises!!!

GM - Please provide a fix!

Same issue since day one on mine when brakes are cold. Dealer says all vehicles do that [emoji849] and nothing can be done. I’ve never had a vehicle do this even with ceramic brakes.

It sounds like a clapped out old farm truck when it’s cold lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 4:31 PM, econometrics said:

I’ve had my RST for 9 months and 6500 miles. My rear brakes just starting with the cheap brake pad noise about 2-3 weeks ago when I noticed there was finally a lot of dew and condensation in the AM. 

Each time, they only wine after the first couple of stops at slow speed. I’m guessing there’s moisture on the rotors? 

My old Silverado did this with rear drums, but that was because I had cheapo pads on them. 

Planning on having my dealer deal with this next time I get an oil change. 

Yeah mines been doing it to I back out of the driveway and hit the brakes and they make all kinds of noise in the morning for the first stop or 2 after that there quite.

1 hour ago, TLDLTD said:

Same issue since day one on mine when brakes are cold. Dealer says all vehicles do that emoji849.png and nothing can be done. I’ve never had a vehicle do this even with ceramic brakes.

It sounds like a clapped out old farm truck when it’s cold lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a crock. All vehicles do that, my tuchus. I'm sure the rep at the dealer would be okay if their brand new vehicle did that? No way. Also, why does only ONE of my brake stations do this, and not all of them? Faulty/crappy pads, that's why (IMO). 

My truck is going to the dealer tomorrow for a host of repairs, this being one of them. If they feed me this line, I'm going to tell them to put some upgraded pads on the rear brakes and then tell me they "all do that". 

• Like 1

I’m having the same problem here. I have 10k on the truck now and it’s been doing it for about 6 months. It’s coming from the left rear brakes. I took off the wheel and spun the rotor and it only rubs on 1 section. I put at dial indicator on the rotor and it’s not warped. Brake pads look like they’re still brand new. Finally made a appt for Monday let’s see what they have say.