2.25” Leveling Kit Installed-Noise in front end Over bumps at slow speed

I recently installed a Readylift 2.25” leveling kit on my 2500HD 4x4 and now when I go over a bump at slow speed it slams against something and makes a loud noise.  I think it’s the upper control arm hitting the UCR mount on the frame.  Does anyone else have this issue, can I install different shocks to help this?  

Thanks

I just ran across this same problem with my 2019 1500.  The upper control arm hits the bump stop.  After I did a little research, I found that some companies claim their kits are for the 2019, but in fact are not.  I had to order a specific 2019 leveling kit for my front end.  I don't know if this is the same for the 2500.

12 hours ago, Old Scratch said:

I just ran across this same problem with my 2019 1500.  The upper control arm hits the bump stop.  After I did a little research, I found that some companies claim their kits are for the 2019, but in fact are not.  I had to order a specific 2019 leveling kit for my front end.  I don't know if this is the same for the 2500.

Old Scratch  which one did you use for your 2019???

The 2019 2500 didn’t change like the 1500 did so I was told by all that it is the same kit.  I bought the Readylift leveling kit that was specific for 15-19.  I have looked at some others and they are the same unless I go with new uppers.  I’m just wondering if I can change shocks to get a little more rebound that might help.  Thanks

Try to get the front end to bounce by bouncing on the bumper. Make sure the shock bolts/nuts are tight. The suspension pushes out while they pull in so sometimes they can be loose but seem tight while sitting at ride height. 

Then you start driving and after ever bump you get a clank as the shock slams the loose fasteners against their mount. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...