Help picking gears on lowered rcsb with 22's

Have a 2016 rcsb with 5.3.  Lew tune.  Cat back and CAI.  Unfortunately it has 3.08 gears and lacks some grunt down low.  I am running 22's with 285/45/22's which end up being 32 inches tall. 

My buddy does gears basically for a living and I can get gears done pretty cheap.  I was thinking going to 3.73's.  But wondering if anyone has done a swap on a similar setup and what gears you went to (and if you wished you had done a different ratio now)?

I have read a bunch of threads about gear swaps but everything I found was lifted guys with A/T tires.   

6 speed trans and Na 3.73 i like the 3.42 on turbo trucks and other that track only I don't like the 4.10. but turbo 3.42 and 3000 stall so much different. anyways.....

The right answer is how the trans is set and the power band matching the converter. Then you can use a program like BlueCat transmission software and see how it will work. I would also re tune the trans after the switch.

1 hour ago, t76turbo said:

I read your thread as well.  Did your truck have the OEM guv lock limited slip and if so, did you keep it or upgrade to something like a Truetrac?

My truck is g80 gu6 stock. Its still stock 

2 hours ago, Nasty said:

My truck is g80 gu6 stock. Its still stock 

Assume those are codes for the rear end?  I thought I read a thread of yours where you were talking about swapping gears??  It seemed like the thread died but assumed you went through with the change. 

Assume those are codes for the rear end?  I thought I read a thread of yours where you were talking about swapping gears??  It seemed like the thread died but assumed you went through with the change. 
I have no need to i run a smaller tire than stock. Your issie is you have heavy 22s. The difference was huge when i swapped from 275 55 20 ro a 275 60 17. Wheel weight makes a hige differance. But i am actually going back to 22s again for aomw stupid reason

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I know. I am looking for replacement 22’s now that are as light as I can find and still like the design. 

You definitely need need to open a wheel shop as many wheels as you have gone through. I think your truck would look awesome on 22’s though. 

I know. I am looking for replacement 22’s now that are as light as I can find and still like the design. 

You definitely need need to open a wheel shop as many wheels as you have gone through. I think your truck would look awesome on 22’s though. 
I found the wheel im using but i wont post until its on.

By looking at some websites, it looks like my truck has the 9.5" 12 bolt rear.  It looks like it has 33 spline axles as well which is cool if true.

Can anyone confirm that is the ring and pinion we have and are there any complications with doing gears in these trucks?  I read a thread here somewhere  (cant find it now to reread) that mentioned having to use a spacer or something.  That may have been for a different year though.

By looking at some websites, it looks like my truck has the 9.5" 12 bolt rear.  It looks like it has 33 spline axles as well which is cool if true.

Can anyone confirm that is the ring and pinion we have and are there any complications with doing gears in these trucks?  I read a thread here somewhere  (cant find it now to reread) that mentioned having to use a spacer or something.  That may have been for a different year though.
Im almost posative the spacer issue is on the 9.76 axle if you have the 6.2

I can only find one maker of the 3.73 gears unfortunately.  Yukon.  I was hoping for AAM or something a little better.

I did find a listing that says you have to run the ring gear spacer if you are coming from a 3.08 or 3.23 gear on the 9.5 or 9.76 12 bolts.  See the link below.

https://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-23993167-gm-9-5b-gm9-76-12-bolt-ring-gear-spacer.html

Wish someone had done this change already would chime in.  I will start searching the forum now. I am sure there is a thread somewhere.