Dash squeak

cltsig

Mine sounded similar, more like a Styrofoam cooler lid squeaking.  My fix was the transmission wiring bundle was rubbing.  It sounds like deep in the dash but it was just under and outside the firewall.

Edited by cltsig

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-03-15 at 3:08 PM, cltsig said:

Mine sounded similar, more like a Styrofoam cooler lid squeaking.  My fix was the transmission wiring bundle was rubbing.  It sounds like deep in the dash but it was just under and outside the firewall.

I have the exact same noise. Did they drop the tranny to get to this?

7 minutes ago, KozzyJr said:

I have the exact same noise. Did they drop the tranny to get to this?

No.  I believe it was a 10 minute fix, just reroute the wiring somehow.  I am not sure how they secured it but it has not made a squeak since.

• 9 months later...
On 4/9/2019 at 11:40 AM, cltsig said:

No.  I believe it was a 10 minute fix, just reroute the wiring somehow.  I am not sure how they secured it but it has not made a squeak since.

Any chance you could provide the dealer info so we can have other dealers contact them to help fix this problem?

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2019 at 8:59 PM, JacobC1983 said:

Mine is more of a creaking noise and it’s pretty loud, way worse when cold.  Annoys the hell out of me. Worst part of the truck actually. Happens 5-10 times on cold mornings on a 10 minute drive to work.

Hi Jacob, my 2019 tahoe squeaks in the cold weather. If you push up and down on bumper or even entering/exiting truck, hitting bumps, it squeaks. We figured out it is brake line which is rubbing on metal bracket. ( bracket is right below back passenger door). If you jiggle the black brake line correctly, you can cause the squeak (especially when cold out).

They just released a bulletin in November for a fix. It requires special tape to be wrapped around the line where it passes through bracket. Fingers crossed that it will correct the problem.. i am waiting on my upcoming appointment for a fix.

Hope this helps!

• 3 years later...
On 3/15/2019 at 2:08 PM, cltsig said:

Did anyone else get this fixed? I have the exact sqeak like a Styrofoam cooler lid or case of water bottles. It's driving me crazy. I had transmission work done so maybe the wiring bundle. What was the fix? 2019 gmc 3500

• 2 months later...

Bump for this thread. I’ve had this issue since day one and after 15000 miles it’s gotten worse. It seems if I push my fingers in the gap between the console and upper dash it minimizes it but doesn’t eliminate it. Ruins an otherwise reasonably smooth ride. Of course the dealer says they can’t replicate…. 2020 Silverado 1500 LTZ.