"Service Rear Vision System" on screen [POSSIBLE RESOLUTION]

In MY universe, anything short of the mammoth size of a Ford Expedition, GMC Yukon XL, Chevy Suburban is in truth .....

less than full size. Remember when the BIG Lincoln Continental was called a full size .... now some folk call cars like the

Kia Cadenza  ... Buick LaCrosse  .... Toyota Avalon  full size ????????

If you want to think of the Lexus 570 as full size OK ... you just have less to carry than I do.

No fighting ... just a difference in what we consider LARGE

• 4 weeks later...

I’m back.. 3900 miles now,, blue screen is back.. brought back to,dealer..they pulled codes and there was about seven codes.  They cleared all codes, I was then backing out of the service area, and the screen blue screened again.  Called  service director over, they pulled codes again, it was loaded with the same fault codes.  

I have 3,800 miles on my 2019 Sierra SLT and have not had a week without camera failures.

I either get total camera failure or back p camera failure.

The dealer, GMC Riverhead NY has done 6 software"upgrades" and nothing helps.

I drive out of the service center and either right away or within 5 cold starts it happens again.

This is totally unacceptable.

Has any one found a reliable cure that works ALL the time?

My dealer tells me I'm the only one they know of with this problem and that GMC tech line has never heard of the problem .... I call BS

Anyone who has a found cure ... PLEASE POST IT

Thanks ... I've been asking my dealer ti repace the entire set of cameras nut he's been wasting his time and mine on software. I called him again last eeek and asked him to get an OK from GM ti change all of the cameras

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 12:46 PM, Yoda2 said:

I have 3,800 miles on my 2019 Sierra SLT and have not had a week without camera failures.

I either get total camera failure or back p camera failure.

The dealer, GMC Riverhead NY has done 6 software"upgrades" and nothing helps.

I drive out of the service center and either right away or within 5 cold starts it happens again.

This is totally unacceptable.

Has any one found a reliable cure that works ALL the time?

My dealer tells me I'm the only one they know of with this problem and that GMC tech line has never heard of the problem .... I call BS

Anyone who has a found cure ... PLEASE POST IT

I’m having the same problem.  Opened case with Gm, Gm engineer engaged waiting for appt.  I have already told them i(gM) that they are not using my truck as a Genea pig and rip my truck apart to find  the problem, the truck has a gremlin, if they cannot isolate and guarantee fix, I want out,  I’m done, 67k on a truck and my wife won’t drive without cameras, that’s why I bought this,  Totally disgusted.. 4200 miles, been to dealer 5x, radio modusl replaced, software upgrades multiple times, errors are extensive.. I’ll keep you posted 

Edited by jbshoo

10 hours ago, jbshoo said:

I’m having the same problem.  Opened case with Gm, Gm engineer engaged waiting for appt.  I have already told them i(gM) that they are not using my truck as a Genea pig and rip my truck apart to find  the problem, the truck has a gremlin, if they cannot isolate and guarantee fix, I want out,  I’m done, 67k on a truck and my wife won’t drive without cameras, that’s why I bought this,  Totally disgusted.. 4200 miles, been to dealer 5x, radio modusl replaced, software upgrades multiple times, errors are extensive.. I’ll keep you posted 

Thanks, I appreciate your response.

My servicing dealer has spoken with GMC many times.

They just gave the dealer a list of items and tests to do and things to change.

I'm now waiting until they have a loaner for me as the list is extensive and with other recalls on tap as well, they need the truck for a few days.

I'll keep you posted as well

Steve

I just stumbled into this thread. Guys, I had the same issue for a while: intermittent blue screen/service rear camera message. Some days it would happen, some days it wouldn't.

This past summer I opened up the tailgate to install the kicker audio for the multipro tailgate. In so doing, I discovered what looked like an A/V cable loosely connected to a port inside the tailgate. It had a lot of slop to the connection. I secured the connection with electrical tape and have not had one blue screen since. Maybe I'm telling you something you've already tried/tested, but if not it might be worth your time to drop the tailgate, get out some torx bits and check the connection inside the tailgate. I was following this chap's directions: 

Not sure if its the same access in the Silverados or not, but I gotta believe the interior electrical connections are the same. 

Edited by Shawn O'Leary

• 3 weeks later...

Hey.  I've been so busy I haven't had time to get this addressed.  Has everyone pretty much gotten the Blue screen service rear vision system fixed now?  I was just searching this and noticed a tech bulletin specific to this issue and am hopeful this may be the fix...   Bulletin No.: 19-NA-076   Is anyone familiar with this?  Last time I rattled my dealer was back in early November on this.  I'm hoping this new information came out after and the fix in now in.  Hoping...  I was thinking software issue and was disappointed in the latest 807 update it still continues for me every day.  Maybe this is it.  Just looking to see if anyone having this issue has had it resolved now and can point to anything of note if not this bulletin.  Thanks.

MC-10169266-9999.pdf

Edited by Steve Martin
additional

Steve,

Thanks for your post about the service bulletin.

My local servicing GMC dealer had my Sierra for about a week.

This was the 8th time it was in for the blue screen " service rear camera".

In previous services they had reprogrammed the computer multiple times and done at least 6 updates with No Joy.

I would drive out and within 2 or 3 start cycles it would be back, but not always present.

This last time they claim to have changed a module behind the rear seat.

So far, one week later, no blue screen.

I hope this is it.

Edited by Yoda2
typo

Just pulled off my tailgate cover to check my wiring, it's funny, I thought it was so cool that they included these covers now so I don't gotta buy one to protect the metal but after removing it..... I realized it's there because there's almost nothing underneath lmao, just some cross braces, otherwise it's all hollow. Anyways, found a couple wires were pinched but nothing loose, I adjust the wires and then went under the truck. All my wires under the bed from the tailgate were just dangling and the clips were pulled out, I'm guessing the lazy people that did the spray in bed liner before I purchased the truck couldn't be bothered. Had to drop the spare tire to reach them and got it all tidied back up and in place. 

None of this made any difference. Did a test drive and the camera still flickers when I push on the brake pedal, which means it's also still going to give me the random service camera error. Note that I have the cheap camera and cheap radio, dunno if they can even update these things like yall can the HD stuff. At least the glue I applied to my mirror cap while I was out there seems to be holding, hasn't popped back out yet haha.