"Service Rear Vision System" on screen [POSSIBLE RESOLUTION]

On 6/18/2020 at 1:18 PM, Dunk O said:

I just got the same message for my 2014 GMC Acadia Denali but the screen is black with the message. How do you fix this?

This thread is for 2019/2020 Sierras and Silverados.  I don't think you're going to find any answers here for your vehicle.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 4:50 PM, Steve Martin said:

Just an update.  Truck has been back at dealer for blue screens again since 11/4/20.  Neverending seems.  Maybe I can get them to make a payment on it if it sits for another week or so.  Just frustrated.  Hope everyone has a safe Thanksgiving.

Did the issue ever get fixed?  I'm going on a year of avoiding more of tearing apart my truck to "find" the issue.  Just curious if it's something I can fix on my own.

On 2/11/2020 at 10:49 PM, jbshoo said:

After another 5 days at the dealer, with the assistance of a Gm engineer onsite, they replaced the video processing control as well as rear camera. got the truck back no errors yet, however mine is more of a gremlin, always fails when you need it, Kinda like landing gear on a plane,

I pulled the truck into my garage, and park assist is now not working,  Front camera is supposed to come in when sensor sees something in front,, nada.

WTF.. called dealer back, engineer coming back Friday.  Lane assist is not working  either,  this is the last and final straw.  Have papers all filled out for lemon law.  One more failure/blue screen and I’m done, I’ve had the truck for 8 months,  4700 miles,  19 days at dealership, 5 + repair attempts, same issue.

i think I’ll buy a junker, and upgrade my boat,

I’ll update all after this fix if there is one,  on a good note, both recalls were also completed and I have brakes, and my seal belt is still working,, no fire yet,

Did the issue ever get fixed?  I'm going on a year of avoiding more of tearing apart my truck to "find" the issue.  Just curious if it's something I can fix on my own.

On 2/11/2020 at 10:49 PM, jbshoo said:

After another 5 days at the dealer, with the assistance of a Gm engineer onsite, they replaced the video processing control as well as rear camera. got the truck back no errors yet, however mine is more of a gremlin, always fails when you need it, Kinda like landing gear on a plane,

I pulled the truck into my garage, and park assist is now not working,  Front camera is supposed to come in when sensor sees something in front,, nada.

WTF.. called dealer back, engineer coming back Friday.  Lane assist is not working  either,  this is the last and final straw.  Have papers all filled out for lemon law.  One more failure/blue screen and I’m done, I’ve had the truck for 8 months,  4700 miles,  19 days at dealership, 5 + repair attempts, same issue.

i think I’ll buy a junker, and upgrade my boat,

I’ll update all after this fix if there is one,  on a good note, both recalls were also completed and I have brakes, and my seal belt is still working,, no fire yet,

Well.  Maybe?  They fixed it last time too, but it came back almost 4 months later.  They ended up replacing two cable harnesses that run down the passenger side back to the video processor I guess.  They also fixed the rear window leak too.  I verified I had the leak as well.  BUT.  I really don't know if they have any clue to what the issue is or was.  I think they were replacing more stuff that hadn't been replaced before really.  It was there since November 4, until I got it back on 1/28/21.  Do the math.  I hope it's fixed so whoever ends up with this truck will have no further issues.  I'm done with it and am in limbo currently.  Not sure how I'm going to work this out with them.

Edited by Steve Martin

2 hours ago, Tahoe02 said:

You may qualify for Lemon Law in your state for the amount of time it took to repair if its even fixed. I would also be asking for the monthly payments reimbursed. Good luck.

Patiently waiting on buyback offer.  I'm sure it won't benefit me, but we'll see what the offer is.  I have a truck sitting at the dealer assigned to my buyback.  We'll see how it goes.

How do you do the software update yourself? 

I had brought my truck is twice for it and they said it wasn't doing it, they've never seen it before and can't duplicate the issue.   What a crock!   Well before my warranty was up I brought it in for bunch little things and explained this to them again,  showed pictures I took of the error message and it picture wasn't right. Mine still showed the picture and was operating but it had the error message on screen still.   They ended up replacing the camera and cable which seemed to do the trick.  I plow so I throw it in reverse a lot when I do, now it's been year or so and I'm experiencing same problem.  Do you think there would be another update due?  My warranty for this is up I think so I would have to do it myself.   I am tech savvy so I could if its possible. 

Anyone know how?  What was your fix and did it work?

Thanks

Gregg

On 2/20/2021 at 5:36 AM, tooch420 said:

How do you do the software update yourself? 

I had brought my truck is twice for it and they said it wasn't doing it, they've never seen it before and can't duplicate the issue.   What a crock!   Well before my warranty was up I brought it in for bunch little things and explained this to them again,  showed pictures I took of the error message and it picture wasn't right. Mine still showed the picture and was operating but it had the error message on screen still.   They ended up replacing the camera and cable which seemed to do the trick.  I plow so I throw it in reverse a lot when I do, now it's been year or so and I'm experiencing same problem.  Do you think there would be another update due?  My warranty for this is up I think so I would have to do it myself.   I am tech savvy so I could if its possible. 

Anyone know how?  What was your fix and did it work?

Thanks

Gregg

Gregg, The software update is normally done over the air or at the dealership. Updating the software by the owner is not done. Since your problem was fixed the first time and is occurring again and you are out of warranty, just ask the dealership when you bring it in if it would be covered. If the problem and solution is similiar, it probably will be covered. Different solution will probably not be covered. The older trucks did not have the capability for the OTA updates. The newer trucks perform OTA updates for the Infotainment, Onstar and some other functions.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

1 hour ago, Rocz3cqg said:

Gregg, The software update is normally done over the air or at the dealership. Updating the software by the owner is not done. Since your problem was fixed the first time and is occurring again and you are out of warranty, just ask the dealership when you bring it in if it would be covered. If the problem and solution is similiar, it probably will be covered. Different solution will probably not be covered. The older trucks did not have the capability for the OTA updates. The newer trucks perform OTA updates for the Infotainment, Onstar and some other functions.

This is intermittent issue, As of now its been ok.  If it is intermittent would it still be software issue?  

On 2/22/2021 at 1:56 PM, tooch420 said:

This is intermittent issue, As of now its been ok.  If it is intermittent would it still be software issue?  

If it comes and goes, I would think it is a connector problem. It could be a software issue but I would not put any money on it put they do happen. There was a Climate Control problem in the 2019 T1 units. Sometimes when the vehicle started up and got running, the Climate control in the radio [Software Control] would not work. A software update took care of it. What was the error symptoms and code??

• 1 month later...

I have the same error message with 2020 Silverado 2500 Work Truck.  It worked fine for a couple months and then started with the error message and blowing fuses.  

Update 04/10/2021: I think the dealer resolved the problem.  The 30 pin harness connector under the bed was loose or had water in it.  Working fine for now.

Edited by Joe Duryea
Fixed problem

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I got the blue screen of death a few weeks ago. Took it to dealership and they tried the update, but it didn’t work. Fully replaced the rear camera and it worked for a few days then came back. Took it back and they replaced the full wiring harness and while doing that noticed it had a cracked wire under the tailgate cover! Casing was cracked and wire was broken so that’s why it would come on and off depending on if it was making full contact! Problem solved so hopefully this helps someone else!

Edited by T2024