One single Knock/Noise on sharp turns and hard braking

H.USA

Question

Hello,

I need help again with this problem please, I have a 2007 chevy trailblazer LS 4wd I'm hearing a loud single knock only on a sharp turn after a stop or slow down or when I press the brakes hard. the noise is coming from the Right front side. By inspecting the right front side I can only notice the upper ball joint boot broken but It's not shaking or loose. 
i'm also noticing a little grinding rotating noise  but I'm not sure if it's related to the knock noise but it all started together.
I appreciate any suggestion. Thank you!

4 answers to this question

If the ball joint boot is broken, and you live anywhere where they salt / sand the roads, you just found your problem.

• Like 1

Sometimes upper balljoints will actually seize up when the boot gets torn and water gets in.  It will pass standard tests and will appear to be "safe".  Then one day they either completely tear the seat out of the joint, or they simple come apart and make the truck look like the wining street stock car at the Saturday night quarter mile track.  I would also take a look at the steering stops.  Easy to locate, they are  where the spindle hits the lower control arm at full turn.  It may be on the upper control arm instead of the lower. 

I would start getting the tools together for swapping out the upper ballpoint with the split boot.

• Like 1