2014-2018 GMC/Chevy Rear Coil Over shock replacement.

Anyone have any idea if there are any easy bolt on Coil Over conversion, replacing rear shocks without having to do anything drastic. Instead of just Block, leaf Springs and rear shocks. I’ve been thinking I may like to try a Rear bolt on shock to Coil Overs replacement setup.

Sent from above

There are many kits but what are you trying to do?

There are air bag kits,3 and 4 link,wish bone or panhard,in or out bound shocks. 

In that there is lifts or lowered. 

Or just bolt in stock location coil overs. But in that world it is better to have equal behind the axle coil over.

There are many kits but what are you trying to do?
There are air bag kits,3 and 4 link,wish bone or panhard,in or out bound shocks. 
In that there is lifts or lowered. 
Or just bolt in stock location coil overs. But in that world it is better to have equal behind the axle coil over.

I’m interested in having the best ride available over harsh riding bumps. Something simple yet very impressive with bolt on

Sent from above

Airbags to take place of the rear leaf springs, thought about that but my last truck with an airbag system actually rode stiffer. I’m looking for more of a rear coil over shock replacement that’ll help soak up the large bumps. My current rear piggyback resi’s do a great job but Ive actually seen a 1500 with rear coil overs one day on the highway, no extra braces, just looked like they were swapped out but may have been remounted, not sure. Anyway, it’s just something that I’ve been intrigued with and I’m sure somewhere and somehow there’s got to be a simple rear bolt on and if not now maybe in the future.

Sent from above

Airbags to take place of the rear leaf springs, thought about that but my last truck with an airbag system actually rode stiffer. I’m looking for more of a rear coil over shock replacement that’ll help soak up the large bumps. My current rear piggyback resi’s do a great job but Ive actually seen a 1500 with rear coil overs one day on the highway, no extra braces, just looked like they were swapped out but may have been remounted, not sure.
Sent from above

Could they have just been Monroe Load Assists?

http://www.monroe.com/en-US/products/shocks-struts/load-adjusting/monroe-load-adjusting-shock-absorbers/

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

That Kelderman set up is the bomb only problem is unless your independently wealthy you’ll have to sell your truck to afford the payments on any parts they got. 

I drive by there shop (more like a compound) every time we go to the In-laws sometimes they got one of the many show trucks or a customer build sitting outside and I’m always in awe. Now they are working with Petty Garage (as in Richard) to build limited edition 3/4 ton trucks so far Furds and Dodges waiting to see if Chevy is next?

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:30 PM, TXGREEK said:

Anyone have any idea if there are any easy bolt on Coil Over conversion, replacing rear shocks without having to do anything drastic. Instead of just Block, leaf Springs and rear shocks. I’ve been thinking I may like to try a Rear bolt on shock to Coil Overs replacement setup.

Sent from above

TX, 

Trade in your Sierra for a new RAM to get that coil-over rear end you are after!  :thumbs:

TX, 

Trade in your Sierra for a new RAM to get that coil-over rear end you are after!  :thumbs:

Bite your tongue Sir Dan! That will NEVER happen! I will never ever own a Ram/Dodge product, EVER! Now a Raptor, yes, but only if I’m getting issues with my GMC which I’m not. Just like having options.

Sent from above
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, wforrest08 said:

That Kelderman set up is the bomb only problem is unless your independently wealthy you’ll have to sell your truck to afford the payments on any parts they got. 

I drive by there shop (more like a compound) every time we go to the In-laws sometimes they got one of the many show trucks or a customer build sitting outside and I’m always in awe. Now they are working with Petty Garage (as in Richard) to build limited edition 3/4 ton trucks so far Furds and Dodges waiting to see if Chevy is next?

Kelderman makes good stuff, probably easily one of the most intricate and expensive lifts you can buy lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Bite your tongue Sir Dan! That will NEVER happen! I will never ever own a Ram/Dodge product, EVER! Now a Raptor, yes, but only if I’m getting issues with my GMC which I’m not. Just like having options.

Sent from above

I figured this would be your reaction !  :lol:  Just teasing of course.

My '05 Avalanche had a coil spring rear suspension with sway bar and Bilstein 4600 shocks from the factory.

Pretty much the same setup as todays Tahoe, Yukon and Suburban rear suspension.

Similar to a RAM 1500 rear setup as well.

I wish our K2's had this. So much better riding and still offered great towing ability for not being leaf sprung.

• Like 1

I figured this would be your reaction !  :lol:  Just teasing of course.

My '05 Avalanche had a coil spring rear suspension with sway bar and Bilstein 4600 shocks from the factory.
Pretty much the same setup as todays Tahoe, Yukon and Suburban rear suspension.
Similar to a RAM 1500 rear setup as well.
I wish our K2's had this. So much better riding and still offered great towing ability for not being leaf sprung.

Reason being, your Avalanche was a Suburban/Tahoe with a small bed in the rear. I’m going to figure something out sooner or later. Currently, my truck rides well, just like the ability for better articulations for each rear tire but to be honest, aside of mini Deaver’s, etc, I’m thinking I’m pretty much stuck with what I’ve got.

Sent from above