Fluid leak from Bell housing

Anyone know what this is fluid leak is  from bell housing under the starter passenger side?? It’s gray and it’s sticky.its not coming from the upper oil pan or the lower oil pan it’s between the mounting plate and the bell housing. Please help   

35C18379-044D-4A5E-ABEC-C83B0C5CE21A.jpeg

B86885B6-3155-4216-8661-FBA1527A5A26.jpeg

48D5DE4A-80A6-4272-8CCB-89A6D564C158.jpeg

Edited by Jksb751

In for replies.......
Stumped.

A good guess would be rear main seal. Or back of intake.... etc. Oil likes to travel. You can trace it back, watch the dip stick. If it’s a spill it will disappear, obviously. How you treat it is a personal matter depending on lots of variables. Your not alone, just visit any parking lot. If you still have warranty you definitely want to get it looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

You don't know how many trucks I've seen leaking on the showroom floor. Actually it's the first thing I look at when I buy a l5p motor. first one I bought leaked all the way from Idaho to Oregon and a few others after that I seen leaking at the dealership but never became owner of one. a couple texts told me that it's assembly lube that is coming from the rear main seal which I didn't buy that story. Factory voided my warranty with 2800 miles be very cautious with what dealer you work with or I don't even know what to say anymore. After buying 13 brand new GMC or Chevrolet trucks, never felt so disrespected in my life

2 hours ago, DiK said:

You don't know how many trucks I've seen leaking on the showroom floor. Actually it's the first thing I look at when I buy a l5p motor. first one I bought leaked all the way from Idaho to Oregon and a few others after that I seen leaking at the dealership but never became owner of one. a couple texts told me that it's assembly lube that is coming from the rear main seal which I didn't buy that story. Factory voided my warranty with 2800 miles be very cautious with what dealer you work with or I don't even know what to say anymore. After buying 13 brand new GMC or Chevrolet trucks, never felt so disrespected in my life

Did they say why they voided the warranty. 

first I was told it had dirty fuel, second I was told that it wasn't dirty fuel it was water in the fuel now I'm being told it was off road fuel that voided my warranty. Seems like engineering came to the dealership and the dealership and the engineering department decided the void my warranty nobody asked me for my input nobody asked me about anything. For three or four weeks I was told that it was a warranty situation and even spoke with the technician Adam and he told me he took a fuel sample and it look clean and I'm sure if it had off-road fuel he would have told me it was red but he didn't say anything of the sort. They replace the high pressure pump and nothing worked then they replace the lift pump still nothing worked and this was after they replace the battery and told me that the battery was the caused all my check engine lights and why the truck died. Gladstone Buick GMC be very cautious there out of Oregon City Oregon and I think the owner was upset that I didn't buy the truck from them.I called general motors in Michigan and they were of no help after owning 14 brand new Silverado since 1999 they told me there was nothing they could do for me and on top of owning 14 brand new Silverados or Sierra's I also purchased to 96 Impala SS has won 98 S10 ZR2 1996 3500 HD dump truck.... And a few other vehicles that were used that I purchased from the dealership I bought all these trucks and cars from and it was very difficult do you ever want to buy another vehicle from general motors after being treated this way and I've all those 14 trucks I bought the biggest claim I ever had on warranty was an upholstered seat in the steering wheel leather rubbing off. Never had any engine transmission or rear differential claims. So buyer beware the days of customer service is gone it left on the space shuttle and the space shuttle ain't coming home boys

On 3/20/2019 at 10:08 PM, Jksb751 said:

Anyone know what this is fluid leak is  from bell housing under the starter passenger side?? It’s gray and it’s sticky.its not coming from the upper oil pan or the lower oil pan it’s between the mounting plate and the bell housing. Please help   

35C18379-044D-4A5E-ABEC-C83B0C5CE21A.jpeg

B86885B6-3155-4216-8661-FBA1527A5A26.jpeg

48D5DE4A-80A6-4272-8CCB-89A6D564C158.jpeg

How many miles are on the truck?  What size puddle of fluid does it leave on the ground?  Other than that small drip the rest looks spotless.  As stated above could be just from previous oil change where they got sloppy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 3:20 AM, rascalmafia said:

Why would GM pay for something that isn't their fault? If its contaminated fuel, then get the fuel sample and go back to the last place you bought fuel with a copy of the transaction.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I totally agree with you but when I asked for a fuel sample they wouldn't give Screenshot_20190625-073252_Drive.thumb.jpg.e0126509eda0c95784b4323bce9a6e5f.jpg me one when I ask for my fuel filter they destroyed it and I tried to get ahold of the engineers to explain this and when my truck went into the dealership they told me they put five gallons of fuel before the engineers came out and looked at the fuel. The TSB states to replace the high pressure pump and the fuel pump in the gas tank that they need to look at the fuel. Obviously they did look at the fuel and it came back clean because they couldn't have ordered those parts and put them in and that's what they did. So please read my post before you make stupid comments like that please. Obviously General Motors wouldn't pay for something that wasn't their fault, man some people really can use that brain of theirs I've been on the phone with second-tier GM customer service and when I asked her if there was anything she could do even if the dealership admitted full and said they made a mistake she told me there was nothing she could do. She basically can facilitate a conversation between me and the dealer and that's it....what the heck is going on in the world these days

Screenshot_20190625-073228_Drive.jpg