E85 2016 Silverado Reg Cab 6spd 4x4 5.3 upgrade

E85 doesn’t give you the mileage that gasoline does. I do believe there are conversion kits for the 6.2. I’m not going there though, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

Sent from above

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

E85 doesn’t give you the mileage that gasoline does. I do believe there are conversion kits for the 6.2. I’m not going there though, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

Sent from above

Agree, but there is an advantage to running E85.  It burns super clean. So carbon buildup is not an issue. Another one is the higher octane, and one other thing, at least for me.  I like the smell of the exhaust.  :)

Yes, you get lower mpg that is a given.  But depending on where you live and are lucky to have a ton of stations around with it.  The cost can be worth the lesser mpg's if you calculate cost per mile.   Like here the cost of E85 is a dollar less a gallon than 93, which I run since I'm tuned for it.  So running E85 works out to be less expensive even though I'm filling up more often.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Sent from above

Yes there are kits and I believe some of the GM SUVs have the Flex Fuel with the 6.2. We don’t have E85 anywhere close. The real advantage (for me) would be during hurricane season, if you need fuel then it’s probably better to have the flex capability vs just running 87. If I want more performance I’ll go Supercharged. I remember trying to find just regular fuel for the chainsaw....was not easy. Mileage is considerably less on E85. I am assuming that just because you have the ability but still run 93 then you still have all the power we have now.

25 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Sent from above

Come on now TX....your stock suspension wasn’t “broke” but you sure made it a hell of a lot better :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SCR71822 said:

I'd prefer we stay on topic of converting Regular Cab to e85 with OEM parts, please.  :) 

Yeah sorry about that! Although we all can learn from your thread :thumbs:

• Like 1

Come on now TX....your stock suspension wasn’t “broke” but you sure made it a hell of a lot better [emoji3]

Look up the kit and let me know about it but I’d only look into it if it’s more of a flex fuel able to use both super and e85

Sent from above
  • Like 1

Agree, but there is an advantage to running E85.  It burns super clean. So carbon buildup is not an issue. Another one is the higher octane, and one other thing, at least for me.  I like the smell of the exhaust.  [emoji4]

Yes, you get lower mpg that is a given.  But depending on where you live and are lucky to have a ton of stations around with it.  The cost can be worth the lesser mpg's if you calculate cost per mile.   Like here the cost of E85 is a dollar less a gallon than 93, which I run since I'm tuned for it.  So running E85 works out to be less expensive even though I'm filling up more often.

I’m all about clean burn, will I be able to use super and e85 if I converted/switched?

Sent from above
  • Like 1

There are three reasons I want to be able to run e85, it can make more power, it is readily available in Illinois, and its cheaper than 87 but has over 100 octane.

I've been running e15 in it since I bought it, it usually costs 5-10 cents less than 87 and is 88 octane.

Edited by SCR71822
  • Like 3