Make tow mirror parking lights blink with turn signal

44 minutes ago, SalX3 said:

My 2017 Silverado 2500hd WT 4x4 has OEM tow mirrors. Are the factory standard OEM tow mirrors “turn signal blinks in the mirror” only with just marker lamps on the front side of the mirror? I truly don’t know?! If so... is there a possible way to make/get the front side marker lamps to blink/act as a signal light along with being marker on the front of the mirror on my particular year model? I really love that particular feature on these newer trucks. However, I think that my truck probably didn’t come with that feature as it is a WT version. ??

I implore someone who is way smarter on this stuff than I to please give me some feedback so as I can move in the right direction in order to possibly ad that feature to my truck.

Thank you!

P.S. @pgamboa

Mr Gamboa, I’ve watched you work via your YouTube channel. Amazing stuff! I tip my hat to you, sir! I’d love to be your apprentice (if it were ever possible) as I do enjoy tinkering/upgrading my truck. Unfortunately, the electrical aspect of it has not/is not my strong point.

Thanks!  To answer your question, the OEM functionality of the Tow Mirror is that the red arrow in the glass only blinks with turn signal.  The amber, forward shining light is a "park/clearance/running light".  The ONLY time it blinks is when you arm your truck with the key fob.  The reason for this blink is because when you lock/arm your truck, the park lamp circuits will blink.

The adapter harness I build changes the behavior of the amber running light.  The adapter slightly dims the running light when in an "on" state, then applies full voltage to it when the turn signals are used.  What this does, is make the "Dual Function" Running Light/Turn Signal.  This adapter is PnP for those that have Factory Tow Mirrors were all the lighting is working like factory.  The adapter simply plugs in between the mirror plug and door harness plug.

Sir, I am certain this is the type of OEM towing mirror (listed below) I have on my 2017 Silverado 2500HD W/T 4x4 but quite possibly without the heating feature as it is considered a “fleet” vehicle. Rubber floors, basic 4 1/2” screen radio, only cruise control on the left side of the steering wheel, etc.

—DPN – These are Manually Folding, Manually Extending, Heated, Turn Signal, Cargo (also referred to as Courtesy Lamps), and Clearance Lamps (also referred to as Park/Running Lamps)—

Will your adapter give my truck the turn signal feature on the tow mirrors’ forward facing marker lamps even though it is a basic fleet truck(W/T)...?

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2019 at 4:41 PM, pgamboa said:

If you have tow mirrors that are functioning to OEM Factory Specs, I now have a PnP Adapter that converts your running light into a dual function running light/turn signal.

This does have the prerequisite that your tow mirrors have fully functioning running lights, cargo lights and turn signals. If you previously purchased a conversion harness, this should work for you.

Adapter set is $125 shipped anywhere in the US.

They simply plug in between your mirror plug and the door harness plug.

0b8366efa4d4a319cb9f1d54bae61b89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

This is my first time ever, being on a forum, so ,not sure if I'm doing this correctly. I have a 2018 2500HD LTZ, and am very interested in purchasing this product for my truck. If whomever sees this post, please guide me in the right direction to get in contact with the right individual for this....I know, Newbies...lol.

Thanks in advance...

Hello,
This is my first time ever, being on a forum, so ,not sure if I'm doing this correctly. I have a 2018 2500HD LTZ, and am very interested in purchasing this product for my truck. If whomever sees this post, please guide me in the right direction to get in contact with the right individual for this....I know, Newbies...lol.
Thanks in advance...

It’s me. Shoot me an email at [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Will this work with a 2017 Sierra Denali 2500 6.6L TD w/ power heated outside mirror, adjustable w/ turn signal (OEM)?  From what I understand the answer is yes, and it is PnP - if this is correct, how difficult is it to remove the door panel to install the harness?

Will this work with a 2017 Sierra Denali 2500 6.6L TD w/ power heated outside mirror, adjustable w/ turn signal (OEM)?  From what I understand the answer is yes, and it is PnP - if this is correct, how difficult is it to remove the door panel to install the harness?

Can you send a pic of the mirrors?