Make tow mirror parking lights blink with turn signal

It's probably been discussed but I'm having a hard time finding it. I want to make the amber parking lights in the side mirrors blink with the turn signal. I thought they did until going to work this morning and seeing a reflection while in the turn lane. I saw there's a wiring kit you can buy but there's gotta be an easier way. Are there pins in the bcm for the turn signals and the mirror lights? Is there a way to jump the pins using a diode? Really don't want to pull the mirrors off and splice any wires

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

If you have tow mirrors that are functioning to OEM Factory Specs, I now have a PnP Adapter that converts your running light into a dual function running light/turn signal.

This does have the prerequisite that your tow mirrors have fully functioning running lights, cargo lights and turn signals. If you previously purchased a conversion harness, this should work for you.

Adapter set is $125 shipped anywhere in the US.

They simply plug in between your mirror plug and the door harness plug.

0b8366efa4d4a319cb9f1d54bae61b89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

18 hours ago, pgamboa said:

If you have tow mirrors that are functioning to OEM Factory Specs, I now have a PnP Adapter that converts your running light into a dual function running light/turn signal.

This does have the prerequisite that your tow mirrors have fully functioning running lights, cargo lights and turn signals. If you previously purchased a conversion harness, this should work for you.

Adapter set is $125 shipped anywhere in the US.

They simply plug in between your mirror plug and the door harness plug.

0b8366efa4d4a319cb9f1d54bae61b89.jpg

My 2017 SLE 2500hd has the amber lights in the tow mirrors, everything works perfect, this adapter will have the running lights in the front part of the mirrors flash with the turn signals?  Way cool, this harness is in the open door hinge are? Very interested. 

• Like 1

My 2017 SLE 2500hd has the amber lights in the tow mirrors, everything works perfect, this adapter will have the running lights in the front part of the mirrors flash with the turn signals?  Way cool, this harness is in the open door hinge are? Very interested. 

Yes sir. If your mirrors are functioning like factory (no non-OEM modifications), it’s simply PnP. It plugs in between the mirror plug itself and the door harness plug. This will require to remove the door panel to access the mirror harness connector.

PM me to order. If you can send me an email as we’ll my email is [email protected]. A pic of your glove box RPO codes and pic of the mirrors would be great.

Thanks!

Phil

• Like 1

Just now, gearheadesw said:

That is so cool, thanks Phil! You’ll be hearing from me soon. 

Sounds good.  I included my email in the comment (just edited it).  Look forward to hearing from ya!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Icutmetl said:

Where is this harness located? Does the door panel have to come off? 

Yes.  Door panel comes off.  My harness adapter goes in between the mirror plug and the door harness plug.  Basically, unplug the mirror from from the door harness and plug mine in between.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/15/2019 at 11:47 AM, pgamboa said:

Yes sir. If your mirrors are functioning like factory (no non-OEM modifications), it’s simply PnP. It plugs in between the mirror plug itself and the door harness plug. This will require to remove the door panel to access the mirror harness connector.

PM me to order. If you can send me an email as we’ll my email is [email protected]. A pic of your glove box RPO codes and pic of the mirrors would be great.

Thanks!

Phil

Hey Phil, I’m going to get the pictures of the codes in the glove box, and a picture of my mirrors. I’m going to yank the door panels off for some new speakers, so now is the time for this great mod, I’ll PM you like tomorrow. Thanks. 

Hey Phil, I’m going to get the pictures of the codes in the glove box, and a picture of my mirrors. I’m going to yank the door panels off for some new speakers, so now is the time for this great mod, I’ll PM you like tomorrow. Thanks. 

Sounds good.

• Thanks 1

My 2017 Silverado 2500hd WT 4x4 has OEM tow mirrors. Are the factory standard OEM tow mirrors “turn signal blinks in the mirror” only with just marker lamps on the front side of the mirror? I truly don’t know?! If so... is there a possible way to make/get the front side marker lamps to blink/act as a signal light along with being marker on the front of the mirror on my particular year model? I really love that particular feature on these newer trucks. However, I think that my truck probably didn’t come with that feature as it is a WT version. ??

I implore someone who is way smarter on this stuff than I to please give me some feedback so as I can move in the right direction in order to possibly ad that feature to my truck.

Thank you!

P.S. @pgamboa

Mr Gamboa, I’ve watched you work via your YouTube channel. Amazing stuff! I tip my hat to you, sir! I’d love to be your apprentice (if it were ever possible) as I do enjoy tinkering/upgrading my truck. Unfortunately, the electrical aspect of it has not/is not my strong point.

Edited by SalX3