Remote Start Issue?

Hey Guys,

Weird scenario happened earlier on my lunch break.. I went to remotely start my truck with the factory key fob. Lock button, then press and hold the start button.. Truck flashes headlights like normal, hear the truck make a "click" noise, then nothing. Went to try to unlock the truck with my fob, nothing. Had to manually unlock my truck with key then went to throw key into ignition and it acted as if the battery was completely dead. It said on my dash "roll down drivers window then roll up". Has anyone experienced this? I had the same thing happen a couple weeks ago when I tried to remote start truck but it didn't have the same issue with battery acting dead. I just want to make sure it isn't anything to really sweat over since I have some performance goodies on the way. Truck is a 2014 Silverado.

Check the connection and conductivity of the negative battery cable.  Sounds like electrical gremlins and that's where they usually start.

Also, being a 2014 your battery is probably nearing end of life as well.

Edited by Darmichar

True.. I want to upgrade to a XS d 3400 anyways. I just found it super weird and made me quite worried. I will check it out. The last time it happened was 2 weeks ago after I first purchased the truck. If it continues I will do a test on the battery to start

27 minutes ago, Bohanan23 said:

True.. I want to upgrade to a XS d 3400 anyways. I just found it super weird and made me quite worried. I will check it out. The last time it happened was 2 weeks ago after I first purchased the truck. If it continues I will do a test on the battery to start

Have you had the CEL come on? Truck will not remote start if there is a code present. Safety feature built into the truck.

Like @Darmichar said negative cable there’s probably at least a dozen threads on here about this problem the earlier trucks 014-015 seem to be more prone to it.

Over wise some guys have had dead cells in battery that apparently still tested good.

And I believe there was a TSB for the early 014s about water getting into the starter do to lack of a shield on the starter and there is a “updated” one to replace it.

• Thanks 1